Are you a Marine Technician open to a new opportunity? Our client is a premier boatyard specializing in service and repair of diesel and gas marine engines, outboards and stern-drives. They are seeking Marine Technicians outboard service and repair skills to join their team in San Juan Island, WA. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing quality maintenance, service and installations on all marine equipment. This is a great opportunity to gain a long-term career with a reputable company that values workmanship, integrity, and teamwork. If you have marine repair experience and a team-player attitude, then give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) text 206-686-8084, or apply online today. Don’t pass up this chance to work in a small community with a great team of people at a world destination location!
San Juan Island, WA is the second-largest and most populated island in the archipelago between mainland Washington and Vancouver Island, BC. San Juan Island is extremely popular with travelers due to their wineries, ranches, whale watching, and the San Juan National Park. Locals also enjoy year-round temperate weather, ocean activities, and hiking forest trails. The island is about a two and a half hour ferry ride from Anacortes, WA and about two hours to Sidney, BC. There are also daily flights from Bellingham, Anacortes, and Point Roberts. Despite the small communities on San Juan Island, there is still access to public schools, public transportation, and medical care, predominantly in and around the community of Friday Harbor. If island life appeals to you, consider San Juan Island!
Salary: Up to $42.00 per hour, DOE.
- Health Insurance stipend contribution after 90 day provisional period.
- IRA Retirement Plan after 1 year.
- 2 weeks vacation after 1 year.
- Cell phone stipend.
Shifts: Some overtime, weekends and holiday work will be required. Hours dependent on the business need throughout the year.
- Factory/technical training with certifications by one or more marine engine manufacturers is preferred with one or more of the following; Yamaha, Mercury, Suzuki, Marine Products, ABYC and NMEA.
- Valid Washington State driver's license with a clean driving record.
- A minimum of five years job related marine repair facility or mobile marine repair experience.
- Experience with Marine electrical and engine computer analysis.
- Electrical experience with the ability to use various testing equipment for AC/DC circuits.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to obtain WA State Boater Safety Course Certification.
- Advanced knowledge of Outboard marine engine troubleshooting, outboard service and repair.
- Computer literate with reports and discoveries diagnostics.
- Possess all necessary tools to perform the repairs and diagnostics.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to follow directions in a professional manner.
- Team player attitude is necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operate various size and styles of vessels.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and diagnose all aspects of Outboard powered systems including, but not limited to, steering systems; hydraulic/plumbing systems, general maintenance, re-powering and rigging; annual services, oil changes/impellers/heat exchangers.
- Observe all safety signs, notices and understand safety procedures, and attend safety meetings.
- Move customer's vessels and to perform systems checks as needed.
- Report results of investigations and discoveries and make recommendations to successfully complete repairs.
- Long periods of standing and regular bending, squatting, stooping, crawling, and kneeling.
- Inclement weather conditions including heat, humidity and sun.
- Ability to relocate to the San Juan Islands, living in a rural and remote setting.
- Must have a valid passport with the ability to travel to Canada on occasional basis.