Do you have marine experience and strong mechanical skills? Then we have the job for you! Our client, a family owned business in the marine industry, are seeking multiple Marine Mechanics for their service centre in Vancouver, BC. We are looking for candidates who are proficient in the troubleshooting, installation and maintenance of on-board marine systems. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a rapidly expanding team in a well-established company. If you’re looking for an employer with a strong focus on training and career progression, then give us a call toll-free at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text (604) 343-3535, or submit your resume online today!
Vancouver is a beautiful coastal seaport city on the mainland of British Columbia, Canada and is one of the most ethnically and linguistically diverse cities in the country. One of the world’s greenest cities, Vancouver is one of the world’s most beautiful and livable cities. Vancouver has exceptional public transportation which is easily overshadowed by the fact that Vancouver is a walking city that is easily accessible! Offering a diverse amount of urban amenities, Vancouver has something for everyone including shopping, fine dining, museums, arts and culture.
Salary: Competitive, DOE.
Shifts: Mostly Monday – Friday, daytime hours.
Education: One of more of the following certifications would be preferred.
- Marine Service Technician trade ticket.
- Technical training with marine engine manufacturer such as Yamaha, Mercury, or Cummins.
- At least 3 years’ experience in pleasure craft industry, with experience servicing and installing, pumps, steering and controls, air conditioning, refrigerating and portable water systems.
- Marine engine experience would be preferable.
- Experience with marine electrical systems would be an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Hands-on multi-tasker, ability to work independently or as part of a small team.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills are a must.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- The ability to use and operate electrical diagnostic tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Practice and promote safe work procedures.
- Be able to complete tasks under limited supervision.
- Continually meet or exceed timeline expectations.
- Ensure all workmanship and quality is up to standard.
- Always deliver exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as required.