Are you a Marine Mechanic Technician open to a new opportunity? Our client is a marine contractor specializing in commercial and recreational vessels from 40 to 180 feet in length. They are seeking a Marine Mechanic Technician to join their team at any one of their 3 Lower Mainland locations (Richmond, Vancouver, or North Vancouver). Their current employees enjoy getting to work on a wide variety of luxurious boats from 40-100 ft, as well as a dynamic, creative environment with like-minded people. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about boats and looking for a long-term career with a growing company. If you’d like to learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), or text 604-343-3535. To apply, submit your resume online today!
The Lower Mainland is a region in and around the city of Vancouver, one of the most ethnically and linguistically diverse cities in Canada. The Lower Mainland area is bounded to the north by the Coast Mountains, to the southeast by the Cascade Mountains and a beautiful coastline to the west. With its mild climate there are recreational activities to enjoy all year round including biking, hiking, kayaking and more. However, this position could take you all over BC, and candidates currently residing in other areas of BC may also be considered.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package.
Shifts: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Mon to Fri.
- Marine Mechanic Technician, Factory training, and/or Heavy Duty Mechanic ticket an asset.
- Pleasure craft licence an asset.
- Valid drivers’ licence and clean driver’s abstract required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with a field and on-site service with variety of boat engines, onboard yacht systems, and diesel/gasoline engines and generators and marine running gear OR
- 5 years Heavy Duty Mechanic equipment repair experience with a passion for boats.
- Experience working closely with HVAC, hydraulic, and plumbing systems an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Passion for boats and the marine industry a must.
- Strong diagnostic, troubleshooting, and repair skills and be passionate about high-quality work.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible and willing to research and learn new equipment.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Enjoy contributing to and being part of a successful team.
- Excellent communications and customer service skills
- Professional attitude.
- Ability to complete tasks in a safe and timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service, maintenance, and repair of a diverse range of boat engines, running gear, and onboard yacht systems (electronics, watermakers, HVAC) on-site and in the field.
- Other duties as required.