An exciting opportunity has become available to take on the role of General Manager at a marine service company on San Juan Island in the Pacific Northwest. We are seeking someone with great business and client relationship experience, as well as being very knowledgeable about service-based businesses and interested in recreational yachts and boating. Our client is a premier boat servicing company specializing in full-service yacht and boat repair, diesel and gas inboard, and outboard engines and stern-drives. We need an experienced leader to help the team ensure safe first-class service and great company performance. This is a great opportunity for a long-term career move with a reputable company that values workmanship, integrity, and teamwork. To learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 206-686-8084. If you are self-motivated, a progressive thinker, and a team leader, then apply online now!
San Juan Island, WA is the second-largest and most populated island in the archipelago between mainland Washington and Vancouver Island, BC. San Juan Island is extremely popular with travelers due to their wineries, ranches, whale watching, and the San Juan National Park. Locals also enjoy year-round temperate weather, ocean activities, and hiking forest trails. The island is about a two and a half hour ferry ride from Anacortes, WA and about two hours to Sidney, BC. There are also daily flights from Bellingham, Anacortes, and Point Roberts. Despite the small communities on San Juan Island, there is still access to public schools, public transportation, and medical care, predominantly in and around the community of Friday Harbor. If island life appeals to you, consider San Juan Island!
Salary: Competitive, DOE.
- Health Insurance stipend contribution after 90 day provisional period.
- IRA Retirement Plan after 1 year.
- 2 weeks vacation.
- Assistance with relocation may be provided.
Shifts: Some overtime, weekends and holiday work will be required. Hours dependant on the business needs throughout the year.
- Previous Service Management or General Management experience in a service based business is required. Experience in the automotive, mechanical, engine, HVAC or related industry may also be considered.
- Candidates with experience of owning and management business and a passion for boating would be an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Very high level of customer service skills is essential for this role.
- Experience hiring, supervising and leading a team.
- Excellent communication skills, including written.
- Ability to adapt to changing work environment and handle multiple priorities.
- General mechanical and electrical knowledge would be preferred.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is imperative.
- Ability to attract and retain new business opportunities.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, CRM, marine management systems, etc).
- Budgeting and financial experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a budget for the operation.
- Exceed sales volume and profitability goals.
- Oversee and measure employee goals & productivity.
- Recruit and retain employees to support business growth and customer demand.
- Manage daily service operations including scheduling and distribution of work for team members.
- Ensure exceptional customer service.
- Work with technicians, cause and corrections on repair orders; ensure it makes sense to the customers’ understanding.
- Review daily, parts on order and scheduled drop off list, in-progress box and completed work orders to ensure we meet customer promised date.
- Create an upbeat and positive culture for both the customer and employees alike.
- Other duties as required.