Not everyone gets to do what they love, but if you have a passion for boating and an aptitude for canvas and upholstery repair, then we have the opportunity for you! Our client’s mission is to deliver innovative yachting solutions that make dreams become a reality; whether it’s canvas and covers or cushions and upholstery. They are seeking a Marine Canvas Technician to inspect, install, adjust, or maintain all marine canvas components on boats from 20 – 120 feet. This is a great opportunity to derive satisfaction from a job well done while being immersed in the world of boating. If you have questions, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text (250) 483-5954. To apply, submit your resume online today, and get started on a career on the water you’ll love!
Sidney, BC is a quaint town about a half hours’ drive north of Victoria. Just 10 minutes from the Victoria airport and the ferry terminal, Sidney makes it easy to travel to the Lower Mainland or the Gulf Islands. Locals enjoy the moderate climate and extremely walkable community with a scenic waterfront walkway, aquarium, fishing pier, marine activities, shopping, restaurants, and more. It also has a more affordable cost of living than Victoria or Nanaimo, making it a great place to live and work on Vancouver Island.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience.
Benefits: Comprehensive health and benefits package with RRSP after 1 year.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Preferably at least five years of marine canvas experience.
- Knowledge of canvas & upholstery techniques, tools, equipment and materials common to the boating industry.
- Able to comprehend blueprints, sketches and templates.
- Able to visualize conceptual design and translate to manufactured product.
Skills and Abilities:
- A passion for boating is a must.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to distinguish between colours needed.
- Energetic and eager to learn.
- Customer service focused.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Must have great attention to detail.
- Critical thinking, complex problem solving and creative thinking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance, servicing and repairs of canvas; everything from interior cushions to exterior enclosures.
- Inspect equipment, structures or material to identify cause of errors or defects leading to corrected, aesthetically pleasing and functional product.
- Fabrication and installation of custom and production model boat tops – biminis, enclosures and covers.
- Refinishing and refurbishing of upholstery.
- Physically demanding – combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling.
- Manual dexterity and handling heavy loads