Manual Machinist – Saskatoon, SK
For 100 years, our client has been providing North America with bearings, power transmission products, engineered fluid power components and systems, specialty flow control solutions, and other industrial supplies, serving MRO and OEM customers for virtually every industry. They are looking to add a Manual Machinist to their team located in Saskatoon, SK.
Reporting to the Shop Manager, the Manual Machinist is responsible for machining the various parts for hydraulic cylinders, to very tight tolerances. Current employees enjoy the people-focused work environment, opportunities for advancement, and the great work-life balance that the company offers. If you’d like to learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954, or submit your resume online now!
Salary: $40/ hour for Red Seal or extensive manual experience
- Extensive benefits package including extended health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- RRSP matching
Shifts: 7 am-3:30 pm, Monday to Friday. OT available. Very occasional weekend shifts.
- Red Seal Journey-level Machinist certificate and/or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience with manual machines (milling machines, lathes) is required
- High-level mechanical skill with equipment and hand tools associated with hydraulic service, manufacture and installation.
- Valid driver’s license and clean abstract.
- Organized and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work safely, lead by example and contribute to overall company safety
- Reliable, with a great work ethic and attitude
- Enthusiastic and exhibits a positive attitude and desire to succeed
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Machine raw material to finished goods as per specific drawing
- Read and interpret blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operations to be performed
- Compute dimensions and tolerances, and measure and layout pieces
- Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to perform precision machining operations, including turning work, milling, drilling, planning, drilling and grinding
- Check with precision measuring instruments, if the dimensions of the products are accurate and conform to prescription
- Use all measuring tools for inspections and checking your own work
- Ensure machinery and work areas are kept clean
- Adhere to the requirements of the Quality, Health and Safety programs
- Other duties as required
Saskatoon, SK is a thriving city graced with the vibrant beauty of nature. Divided by the winding South Saskatchewan River, Saskatoon’s east and west face are joined by a series of bridges and lined with several kilometers of trails to jog, walk and explore. A city infused by a lively ambiance, friendly hospitality and rich, diverse cultural experiences. Saskatoon is home to a mix of events, festivals and attractions. Saskatchewan’s largest city provides convenient amenities, yet an inviting natural setting. A refreshment break is easy in Saskatoon – rejuvenate with an espresso in the trendy Broadway shopping district or enjoy delicious authentic local cuisine in one of many fine restaurants. Check out the latest technology and research advancements, play a round of golf on one of the several award-winning courses, or explore 6,000 years of First Nations’ culture – it’s all in Saskatoon!