Manual Machinist – Kamloops, BC
For over 90 years, our client has been providing North America with bearings, power transmission products, engineered fluid power components and systems, specialty flow control solutions, and other industrial supplies, serving MRO and OEM customers for virtually every industry. They are looking to add a Manual Machinist to their team located in Kamloops, BC.
Reporting to the Shop Manager, the Manual Machinist is responsible for machining the various parts for hydraulic cylinders, to very tight tolerances. Current employees enjoy the people-focused work environment, opportunities for advancement, and the great work-life balance that the company offers. If you’d like to learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954, or submit your resume online now!
Salary: $40/ hour for Red Seal or extensive manual experience
- Extensive benefits package including extended health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- RRSP matching
Shifts: 7 am-3:30 pm, Monday to Friday. OT available. Very occasional weekend shifts.
- Red Seal Journey-level Machinist certificate and/or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience with manual machines (milling machines, lathes) is required
- High-level mechanical skill with equipment and hand tools associated with hydraulic service, manufacture and installation.
- Valid driver’s license and clean abstract.
- Organized and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work safely, lead by example and contribute to overall company safety
- Reliable, with a great work ethic and attitude
- Enthusiastic and exhibits a positive attitude and desire to succeed
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Machine raw material to finished goods as per specific drawing
- Read and interpret blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operations to be performed
- Compute dimensions and tolerances, and measure and layout pieces
- Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to perform precision machining operations, including turning work, milling, drilling, planning, drilling and grinding
- Check with precision measuring instruments, if the dimensions of the products are accurate and conform to prescription
- Use all measuring tools for inspections and checking your own work
- Ensure machinery and work areas are kept clean
- Adhere to the requirements of the Quality, Health and Safety programs
- Other duties as required
Located in BC’s sunny Southern Interior, Kamloops is about an hour’s highway drive from Merritt or Salmon Arm, and just over 2 hrs from Kelowna. It has a variety of terrain, from rocky bluffs, canyons, and grasslands, and it sits at the junction of the Thompson River branches and east of Kamloops Lake. Kamloops draws folks from all over with its many wineries and also has the highest number of golf courses per capita in Canada!