Are you a Maintenance Technician/Millwright open to new opportunities? Our client is a premier mushroom grower and marketer quickly expanding across BC. They are seeking two Millwrights to perform maintenance, repair, installations and restorations on various equipment at their operation located in Abbotsford, BC. In return, our client is offering competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and a positive working environment espousing the values of excellence, respect, openness, and fairness. To apply, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 604-343-3535, or submit your resume online!
Abbotsford, BC is located in the Fraser Valley adjacent to the Lower Mainland with a population of approximately 133,500. Abbotsford is located just a 12 minute drive from Mission, 25 minute drive from Chilliwack, and 40 minutes from Surrey. Abbotsford is known as the city in the country; it has all the amenities and attractions of a modern urban core-right in the middle of one of the most beautiful and bountiful agricultural areas in Canada. Abbotsford is a great place to live, work, play, and raise a family!
Salary: $35-37/hour, depending on experience.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including MSP, health, and dental.
Shifts: Hours of work vary: shift work and some overtime may be required.
- Red Seal Certified or Journeyman Millwright ticket required.
- Must have a Valid BC Drivers Licence and provide a driver's abstract for using company vehicles.
- WHMIS, Health and Safety, First Aid training is an asset.
- Medical history/testing required.
- 3 to 5 years experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance/repair preferred.
- Experience and/or education/training in pneumatic controls, welding, hydraulics, and/or farm equipment an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to efficiently follow work instructions and preventative maintenance programs for equipment & facility.
- Strong analytical decision making, and troubleshooting skills particularly for mechanical systems.
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact with workers from other cultures in a sensitive and harmonious manner.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Good coordination and manual dexterity.
- Ability to work in an agricultural environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform minor and major repairs on buildings and equipment unsupervised including, but not limited to, welding, replacing and repairing parts, hydraulics, pneumatics, low voltage electrical, and equipment, buildings and facilities.
- Assist in training new maintenance associates.
- Complete preventative maintenance duties and completes checklists as assigned.
- May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Assist and supports contractors.
- Other duties as required.
- Working conditions are typical for an farm environment. Candidate may be on their feet for long periods of time and may require heavy lifting.
- Own transportation maybe required.
- Shift & hours flexibility is a requirement of the position.