Are you a Maintenance Technician open to new opportunities? Our client custom food manufacturer with a work family of 50+ employees with a combined experience of nearly two hundred years in the food industry. They are seeking a Maintenance Technician perform maintenance, repair, installations and restorations on various equipment and operation lines at their facility located in Abbotsford, BC. In return, our client is offering competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and a positive working environment espousing the values of honesty, respect, excellence and stewardship. To apply, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 604-343-3535, or submit your resume online!
Abbotsford, BC is located in the Fraser Valley adjacent to the Lower Mainland with a population of approximately 133,500. Abbotsford is located just a 12-minute drive from Mission, 25-minute drive from Chilliwack, and 40 minutes from Surrey. Abbotsford is known as the city in the country; it has all the amenities and attractions of a modern urban core-right in the middle of one of the most beautiful and bountiful agricultural areas in Canada. Abbotsford is a great place to live, work, play, and raise a family!
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including extended health, disability, and life insurance.
Shifts: Various shifts, flexibility required.
- 4th Class power engineer certificate (preferred) or
- A degree or certification from a vocational school required.
- Millwright ticket or willingness to get one an asset.
Experience: Minimum two years’ experience in the maintenance of a manufacturing or production facility.
Skills and Abilities:
- Sound knowledge of machines and tools.
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance.
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques.
- Solid computer and communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve low voltage electrical faults
- Ability to work safely with hand as well as power tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance as necessary to ensure plant reliability.
- Service, maintain, and support all production related equipment.
- Complete various projects including welding, machining, mechanical, electrical, and work orders as assigned.
- Monitor plant facilities which include air system, fire system, etc.
- Monitor and maintain both the fresh and wastewater system for the facility.
- Other duties as required.