Maintenance Supervisor opportunity! Our client is a leader in sustainable wood products and has been delivering quality building products and solutions to their customers for more than 100 years. They are seeking a Maintenance Supervisor with a mechanical background, to join their team in Edson, AB. Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for working with the maintenance team to ensure the safest, most effective and reliable utilization of time and resources. This is a great opportunity to join a company that has multiple business lines in North America and offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. If you are interested for this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 587-794-3883, or get a head start and submit your resume online today!
Edson, AB is a tight-knight community located about 2 hours’ drive west of Jasper and east of Edmonton. Locals enjoy a safe and friendly community for raising families; a competitive housing market; public education and medical services; and a growing commercial sector. A major draw is recreation, from the rec center or Wilmore Park to the extensive trail systems around town or proximity to Banff and Jasper National Parks.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience. Relocation assistance may be provided for the right candidate.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package provided.
Education: Millwright Red Seal Certification / Mechanical Technical Degree or equivalent experience / training.
- Minimum 8 years of Maintenance Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Must have previous experience in maintaining and upholding the Safety, Environmental, Quality and Company Standards.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Proven expertise in preventive and predictive maintenance methods.
- Good troubleshooting and failure analysis skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective leadership to the team to achieve business results (safety, reliability, cost, quality).
- Lead team meetings and trainings, identifying safety, environmental, quality & production issues, coordinate activities with production team to maximize productivity.
- Handle employee issues, builds team work and ensures adherence to all applicable site policies & procedures.
- Supervise and develop the maintenance team to ensure effective communication across and between shifts and with the production teams.
- Coordinate and plan maintenance work to ensure maximum reliability of all equipment, considering safety, financial constraints, skills, lead times, and special equipment and repair procedures.
- Complete purchase orders and other documentations for the procurement of spare and replacement parts.
- Maintain and improve the preventive/predictive maintenance system and follow-up to ensure safe, timely and satisfactory completion of mechanical maintenance work.
- Participate in recruiting, developing and continual training of the maintenance staff and evaluating their performances on a monthly basis.
- Other duties as required.
*Please note, this role is not eligible for the Employee Referral Program