Are you a Maintenance Supervisor with experience in the Mining industry? Then we want to hear from you! Founded over 150 years ago, our client is a longstanding leader in energy generation. They are seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for their mining facility in Coronach, SK. This key role will be responsible for the daily safe and efficient operation of the maintenance staff, from scheduling and reporting to assisting with facility and equipment inspections. With a zero-harm commitment to worker safety, our client prides themselves on their great safety record and status as 3-time consecutive winner of the John T. Ryan regional award for safety in mining. This is a great opportunity to join with a reputable company in a family-oriented community. If you’re interested in learning more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 306-993-0855, or submit your resume online today!
Coronach, SK is a small, welcoming community located about 1.5 hour’s drive south from Moose Jaw and just 15 minutes north of the US/Canada border. Popular attractions include a beautiful golf course and tours to the Big Muddy badlands. Locals of Coronach enjoy the safe environment, reasonable real estate prices, and the fact that there’s hardly any traffic!
Salary: $130K DOE + OT. Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate.
Benefits: Health, dental, and STD 100% covered by the employer. 5% pension plan and 3 weeks vacation.
Shifts: 7 days on, 7 days off. Monday to Friday 12 hour shifts, Saturday to Sunday 10 hour shifts.
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience in the mining industry required OR 1 year in mining with a related degree or technical training certification.
- A degree or other qualification in the mining or a related discipline from a university or technical institute required; trades certificate preferred.
- Must be willing and able to obtain a Mining Supervisor Certificate.
- Superior leadership skills, including organizational, communication, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and clean abstract required.
- Drug, alcohol, and criminal background check required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a safe manner at all times and be aware of environmental responsibilities both in an office and maintenance setting.
- Supervise, coordinate and monitor routine maintenance of all mining equipment.
- Coordinate activities for the maintenance crews; provide training as needed.
- Coordinate the availability of parts for maintenance projects.
- Prepare, submit and maintain equipment records, analyzing equipment performance and reporting on the effectiveness of the maintenance service.
- Communicate and work cooperatively with operations to ensure equipment is being maintained while maximizing production.
- Identify and balance resource demands on the workgroup; approve timecards.
- Communicate performance expectations to crew members and address any performance issues that can be improved.
- Ensure employees are in compliance with all company policies/procedures and safety regulations.
- Conduct weekly toolbox meetings and perform shop inspections at the beginning of each shift.
- Other duties as required.