Maintenance Millwright – Vancouver, BC
Would you love to be part of a dedicated team with a high commitment to safety? Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in British Columbia, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. The largest employer of youth in BC is seeking a Maintenance Millwright. The successful candidate will be responsible for doing inspections on behalf of the vendor requirements and enhancing it to ensure safety and also creating a repair plan and carrying it out. If you’ve been wanting a great opportunity to grow your skills, there is no better opportunity! Now’s your chance to join up with a reputable company in one of Canada’s most desirable places to live. So don’t wait! Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 604-343-3535, or apply online now.
Vancouver frequently ranks highly as one of the world’s most livable cities. Its scenic location near the ocean, tucked up against the North Shore mountains, makes living in Vancouver an ideal base for year-round exploration. Living in British Columbia, world-renowned for its natural beauty, is ideal if you have an appreciation for the outdoors. It is also known as one of the most ethnically diverse cities in Canada.
Salary: Excellent wage
Benefits: After 6 months of employment: Extensive Benefits Package
Shifts: Day Shifts: Monday – Friday, 7 am – 3:30 pm for the first 6 months
- Millwright Red Seal Journeyman ticket
- Valid British Columbia Class 5 driver’s license (must provide driver’s abstract)
- Previous maintenance in field experience
- Hydraulics and pneumatics basic training experience
- Experience in a diverse industrial environment
- Welding experience is an asset (SMAW all position CWB certified welder/fitter)
- Exposure to machining equipment is an asset
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong mechanical aptitude and strong communication skills both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility to work effectively with management, staff, contractors, and guests
- Safety initiative and taking responsibility
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Proven abilities to problem solve, troubleshoot, and work with deadlines
- Required to meet the physical demands of the job including weights of up to 23kg, heights of 70m, frequent standing, walking, twisting, reaching, bending, crawling, and ability to work with ladders
- Ownership of tools and safety boots
- Successful candidates must undergo a Criminal Record Check
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rebuild and/or repair rides & attractions as specified
- Perform accurate and timely ride inspections
- Maintain all required service records and logs
- Make recommendations for improvements, modifications, and upgrades, and report findings to Supervisor on a timely basis
- Assist with major overhauls, modifications, and alterations as required
- Ensure the safe operation of each work area and each work project
- Participate and lead safety-related discussions in Toolbox Talks meetings
- Meet all required training obligations, including attendance, active participation, exam writing, and meeting any other certification required
- Provide direction to junior technicians as required
- Assist with general cleaning, inspection, and reassembling of equipment as needed
- Responsible for assisting with a daily preventative maintenance program
- Install new equipment
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Safely operate mobile equipment (forklifts, scissor lifts, zoom booms).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.