Tradition Fine Foods Ltd is hiring a Maintenance Millwright in Toronto, ON!
Job Title: Maintenance Millwright
As Maintenance Mechanic/Millwright, the person is part of a team responsible for the general maintenance of all production equipment.
- Preform preventative and predictive maintenance to mechanical systems as required (including routine maintenance & repairs of conveyor belts, gear boxes, lubrication, soldering, brazing, welding and bearing replacement)
- Writing maintenance and job reports on a daily basis
- Installation, hoisting and rigging, leveling, aligning of material handling equipment and production machinery
- Installation, maintenance and rebuild of power transmission systems, pumps, compressors, fans and blowers
- Fabrication and modification of components using standard shop tools (i.e. drill press, grinder, brake, shear and milling machine)
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems (use of technical drawings and schematics).
- Machine shop fabrication of brackets and small parts
- All other duties as required
Health and Safety
- Conduct all Job Tasks in a Safe and Responsible manner
- Participate in all Health & Safety, GMP and HACCP training as required
- Report any accidents, incidents and unsafe/hazardous conditions to your lead hand or supervisor
- Report any damages of property and machinery to your lead hand or supervisor
- Ensure that you understand how and when to use the Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) that is located in your work area.
- Practice safe work practices such as: log out/tag out procedures, using PPE’s as directed, fire prevention, follow GMP’s and keep work environment safe for others
- Ensure you comply with OHSA, WSIB, MOL regulations and/or laws that govern “workers” responsibilities in the workplace and Comply with Tradition Fine Foods Ltd. Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices, and HACCP Programs.
- May be required to stand/sit/walk for long periods of time
- May engage in frequent bending, stooping or squatting
- Due to the environment, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions which include extreme heat, humidity and cold
- Must be able to work in tight or enclosed spaces
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25kg (floor to waist & waist to shoulder)
- Education equivalent to the completion of grade 12
- Post secondary education related to machinery maintenance and repair including millwright
- Ability to read and interpret manufacturer manuals, technical drawings and schematics
- Ability to maintain working relationship with coworkers and subordinates
- Available for shift work
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience preferably in the manufacturing industry