Our client, Central City Brewers and Distillers, is an international award-winning premium craft brewery and distillery based out of Surrey, BC. You may recognize their brands such as Red Racer beer, Fit Hard Soda, Lohin McKinnon whisky, and Queensborough Gin. They are seeking an experienced Maintenance Millwright to be in charge of machinery and equipment installation, layout, preventative, and continuing maintenance.
In return, our client offers great wages, benefits and an amazing work environment. Current employees enjoy growing their skills on a variety of equipment on a brand new one-of-a-kind canning line. For their off time, 2 complimentary cases of beer a month! Interested? Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 604-343-3535, or submit your resume online today!
Located 24km southeast of Vancouver, Surrey, BC offers easy access to Highway 1 and opportunities to explore all that British Columbia has to offer. The City of Surrey is committed to working with neighbourhoods, residents and community groups to create beautiful spaces and to promote and celebrate community activity, spirit, and pride. Close to the ocean, mountains, Whistler, Vancouver Island and the USA, the recreational and leisure opportunities are endless. Some of Surrey’s neighbouring cities that are conveniently accessible by car or public transportation are Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Delta, Langley, Coquitlam and Maple Ridge.
Wage: Excellent wage & great benefits package. Afternoon shift premiums: $0.75/hr, Night shift premium: $1.50/hr.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including extended health and dental after a probationary period. On-site parking, 2 cases of beer per month and big discounts on food trucks & liquor are also offered.
Shifts: 11:00 pm to 7:00 am.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Red Seal Certification for Millwright or Industrial Mechanic.
- 4th Class Power Engineer or willingness to obtain one considered an asset.
- Experience with production/line machines and high-speed packaging is a must
- Knowledge of can line filler seamer setup.
- Line maintenance experience within a food and beverage production environment.
- Detailed-oriented with the ability to keep accurate records.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to liaise with individuals of all levels.
- Excel in work situations where multi-tasking and adaptability are considered strengths.
- High level of craftsmanship and the desire to grow and learn new skills.
- Experience with pumps and valves.
- Precision machinery component setups and alignment to 0.001 tolerances.
- Precision measurement skills using dial indicators, micrometres, Vernier callipers, feeler gauges, and Pi tapes.
- PLC automation controls experience.
- Confined space, fall arrest, and forklift experience.
- Ability to work independently/with minimal supervision is a must.
- Own tools required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Install, align, dismantle, test, and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces, and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical/electronic equipment, and provide measurable improvements and enhancement systems. This includes identifying issues, running tests, ordering, and installing parts, and making temporary repairs, if possible, to keep machines working while awaiting parts.
- Read and analyze the layout of CCBD plant, engineering specifications, schematics, and blueprints to ensure that machines are properly placed and ready for installation.
- Daily completion of all documentation required.
- Other duties as required.