Maintenance Millwright – Oliver, BC
Since 1936, our client has been packing, marketing and selling fruit in Canada, in the US and other international export markets. This company is owned by fruit growers throughout the Okanagan Valley, employs approximately 500 employees, and operates multiple facilities. As a recipient of the 2022 Safety Pinnacle Topaz Award, safety is their #1 priority in their operation. This is a great opportunity to work for a longstanding company in one of the most beautiful areas in BC. So don’t wait; give us a call 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954, or apply online today!
Oliver, BC is a small agricultural community known as the “Wine Capital of Canada” and is located near the south end of the Okanagan Valley in south-central BC. Oliver is home to several natural attractions that foster popular tourist activities such as summer water sports, golf, hiking, mountain biking, and sightseeing. Its mild, year-round climate makes it an ideal location to live for local residents. It is also approximately 25km north of the U.S. border. To learn more about living in Oliver, check out our Town Page!
Salary: $40/hr, unionized.
- Health spending account.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan – includes matched contributions by employer.
- Tool allowance.
- Store discounts.
Shifts: Mon-Fri, 6/7am – 2:30pm – Must be available to work various hours and shifts, including weekends, evenings, and possibly on short notice.
- Red Seal Interprovincial Millwright / Industrial Mechanic ticket is required.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation.
- Electrical and welding experience is a huge asset.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all employees and management.
- Be comfortable working at heights.
- Possess the technical knowledge to undertake any assignment with or without direct supervision.
- Ability to follow and apply all welding applications as needed.
- Must be familiar with and work around hydraulic, electrical, compressed air and mechanical systems.
- Keeps safety as a top priority and works diligently to ensure all safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance, service, inspections, and preparation of fruit packing lines, machinery, and equipment.
- Responsible for welding repairs and/or fabrication of equipment.
- Keep neat and accurate records of all aspects of maintenance.
- Communicate with management and fellow employees regarding issues, projects and timelines.
- Other duties as required.