Calling all Millwrights! Our client is a global leader in agriculture and food processing who has been in business for over 150 years. They are seeking a qualified Millwright to provide maintenance, repair, and installation of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment in a heavy industrial unionized environment. This is a great opportunity to work for one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies that is committed to investing in their people and communities. If you have any questions about this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 604-343-3553. Or better yet, get the ball rolling and apply online today!
Located a 20-minute SeaBus ride away from the city of Vancouver, North Vancouver is an ideal location for nature lovers and urbanites alike. Hike Quarry Rock in Deep Cove and treat yourself to a fantastic donut from Honey’s. Check out a play or concert at Centennial Theatre or Capilano University. Go skiing or snowboarding Seymour, Cypress, or Grouse Mountain. North Vancouver is diverse, accessible, and beautiful. It’s rainy, but it’s worth it.
Salary: Starting wage $44.15/hr. Unionized position.
- Flexible benefits plan including pension.
- Training and career development opportunities.
- Monday-Friday day/evenings/nights during training, then a flexible rotation.
- Must be able to work scheduled shutdowns and respond to Emergency Call-Ins.
Education: BC Journeyman or Red Seal Millwright ticket required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Millwright in a heavy industrial environment highly desirable.
- Equipment operator experience an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills with ability to learn in-house system.
- Demonstrate organizational skills and personal initiative.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic and a proven safety record.
- Sheet metal mechanical skills or an interest would be an asset.
- Ability to read and work from blueprints an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete regular preventative maintenance on all mechanical equipment according to established schedules and procedures.
- Troubleshoot, fabricates, repairs and installs mechanical equipment/parts in accordance with established procedures.
- Participate in training related to this position including sheet metal modules.
- Operate in accordance with health, safety, and fire prevention regulations and practices.
- Provide assistance to other Maintenance team members.
- Respond to after-hours emergency calls on a rotational basis.
- Ability to work in conditions such as confined spaces, heights, dust and temperature extremes.
- Must be capable of lifting and stacking 50 lbs without assistance.
- Candidates may be asked to participate in competency examinations and/or skill tests to assist in determining required qualifications.
- Medical, Drug and Alcohol testing may be required.