Since 1936, our client has been packing, marketing and selling fruit in Canada, in the US and other international export markets. This company is owned by fruit growers throughout the entire Okanagan Valley, employs approximately 500 employees, and operates multiple facilities. This is a great opportunity to work for a longstanding company in one of the most beautiful areas in BC. So don’t wait; give us a call 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954, or apply online today!
The city of Kelowna is located on the Okanagan Lake in the Okanagan Valley, under an hours’ drive from Vernon and Penticton. Kelowna has miles of beautiful parkland, sandy beaches, forests, and mountains.
Salary: $30-$35 depending on experience . Unionized.
- Health spending account.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan – includes matched contributions by employer.
- Tool allowance.
- Store discounts.
Shifts: 3:30pm-12am. Must be available to work various hours and shifts including weekends, evenings, and possibly on very short notice.
- Journeyperson or Red Seal Interprovincial Millwright / Industrial Mechanic ticket an asset, 4th-year apprentices considered depending on experience.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation.
- Electrical and welding experience is a huge asset.
- Experience with Ammonia would be ideal.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all employees and management.
- Be comfortable working at heights.
- Possess the technical knowledge to undertake any assignment with or without direct supervision.
- Ability to follow and apply all welding applications as needed.
- Must be familiar with and able to work around hydraulic, electrical, compressed air and mechanical systems.
- Keeps safety as a top priority and works diligently to ensure all safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance, service, inspections, and repair of fruit packing lines, machinery, and equipment.
- Responsible for welding repairs and/or fabrication of equipment.
- Keep neat and accurate records of all aspects of maintenance.
- Communicate with management and fellow employees regarding issues, projects and timelines.
- Other duties as required.