Our client is currently accepting resumes for the position of Certified Millwright out of our Delta branch. The successful candidate will help maintain the site facilities such as welding & fabrication, machine maintenance, troubleshooting problems, assisting in machine upgrades, general housekeeping duties, and helping plant staff when needed. The candidate will have experience working independently and in a team setting in a manufacturing facility. This individual must be comfortable with factory working conditions that can be noisy/dusty/hot/cold. Interested? Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 647-484-0311, or submit your resume online today!
Salary: From $44.00-$46.00 per hour
- Company-paid benefits package, including Extended Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Vision
- 4% RRSP matching program after three months
- The proper equipment to allow you to succeed in your job
- An opportunity to grow with a progressive company
Schedule: Day, 8-hour shift
- Certified Journeyman or Red Seal Millwright designation
- Experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical required.
- Must put a high priority on working safely and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Read and interpret schematics and electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical drawings for plant equipment and processes.
- Welding and steel fabrication experience.
- Some knowledge of PLCs and step ladder logic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate technical leadership in hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Perform facility mechanical repairs as required.
- Troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic, and electro/mechanical systems and identify and implement corrective actions, including equipment and control changes, to maximize output and efficiency
- Perform repairs, upgrade and install electronic controls and equipment.
- Operate machine shop equipment.
- Assist equipment operators in improving line efficiency.
- Some heavy lifting may be necessary.
- Assist in the design and fabrication of machine parts and tooling.
- Perform maintenance tasks as identified and scheduled by the plant preventative maintenance schedule and based on management requirements and instructions.
- Assist in creating and implementing a preventative maintenance system and spare parts inventory.
- Work efficiently and effectively with teammates in various departments and help to achieve production objectives.
- Work safely in a safety culture team environment.
- Ability to work alone and within a team environment
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and general housekeeping. A leader in keeping the shop clean and organized.
Living in Delta, BC
Delta is the largest municipality of the Greater Vancouver Regional District. Located at the delta of the Fraser River and having rich soils and water, Delta is one of the most important agricultural areas in Metro Vancouver. Just 27 kilometers from Vancouver, Delta is home to many people who prefer to live and raise their families in safe, quiet neighbourhoods, surrounded by nature, and, if necessary, to commute every day to other cities to work. Delta is ideal for nature lovers with its parks, bike and walking trails, islands and wildlife.