Our client, one of North America’s leading suppliers of pressure-treated wood products, is seeking a Maintenance Millwright to join their team in Coquitlam, BC. Working alongside a ticketed Millwright, this role will perform maintenance and repair for a 24/7 wood product manufacturing plant. If you would like to work for a company that is safety-first, never dull, and has some truly unique machinery, then give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 604-343-3535, or better yet, apply online today!
As the sixth-largest city in the province, Coquitlam, BC has everything you could need. There’s plenty of shopping, museums, restaurants, and schools. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy fishing, biking, hiking and exploring the nearby Colony Farm or Minnekhada Regional Parks. The city hosts over 100 events a year, from The Festival du Bois to the BC Highland Games. Coquitlam is located about 30 km from Vancouver and is a 30-minute commute from Maple Ridge or Surrey by car.
Salary: $46.67 /hour, unionized.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including extended health, dental, vision, insurance, and company pension.
Shifts: Monday to Friday, either 7 am -3:30 pm or 10 am -6:30 pm. Occasional OT.
- Red Seal or Journeyman’s Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Millwright) ticket is preferred but not required.
- Min. 5 years experience with plant maintenance duties on various machinery and equipment.
- Small engine repair and basic welding experience would be assets.
- Experience with wood product equipment is an asset.
- Driver’s license required.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently are necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair on a variety of plant equipment such as log loaders, small engines, chainsaws, and debarkers.
- Minor welding duties.
- Maintain all records/documentation and ensure completion of paperwork.
- Other duties as required.