Are you a Millwright and 4th Class Power Engineer? Then we want to hear from you! Our client is one of the world’s most-respected food manufacturing companies with products sold in more than 200 countries and territories and 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales. They are seeking a Maintenance Millwright/4th Class Power Engineer to join their team in Delta, BC. This role is responsible for inspecting, repairing and installing production equipment. In return, this role is offering $40.39/hour plus premiums, boot and tool allowance, benefits, and opportunities for advancement. If you have questions, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 604-343-3535. To apply, submit your resume online today!
Located within a half-hour drive of Vancouver and minutes from Surrey, Richmond and New Westminster, Delta, BC packs a punch when it comes to pioneer history, natural assets of beaches, parks and farmlands. Comprising three very different communities: North Delta, Tsawwassen and Ladner, Delta's diverse attributes are now becoming great attractions. The gentle landscapes give way to seven golf courses; the many dykes provide easy walking, cycling and equestrian trails and water sports, from skimboarding to kayaking are popular pursuits.
- $40.39/hour, DOE.
- Additional $2/ hour Journeyman and $.70/hour Power Engineer premiums.
- Afternoon shift of $.70/hour and a premium for GY or $.85/hour.
- Amazing benefits including MSP, Extended Health and Dental, Pension options.
- Tool allowance $600/year paid quarterly $150.
- Boots $200.00/year.
- Good, robust training program.
Shifts: 5 days a week; 40 hours a week. Shifts either 2pm-10pm or 10pm-6am, varies by week.
- Must be a Red Seal or BC Journeyman Certified Industrial Mechanic Millwright or have completed an Industrial Mechanic Millwright Apprenticeship.
- Class 4 Power Engineer Certificate required.
Experience: Bottle and Can Line maintenance experience in the food/packaged goods industry is an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work in a multi department team environment.
- Knowledge of machine control systems, safety control system and troubleshooting them.
- Willing to contribute and dedicated to reducing company environmental foot print.
- Able to work with machine shop tools and welders in a safe productive setting.
- Ability to read and understand layout drawings and machine parts manuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on production equipment.
- Repair building system.
- Changeover production line equipment.
- Upgrade areas with new equipment/technology, working with outside contractors.
- Interact daily with computerized maintenance and parts programs.
- Perform all assigned duties in a safe and productive manner.
- Follow the direction of Maintenance Leadhand, Supervisors and Department Managers.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have own hand tools and steel toed boots.
- Must be able to lift/carry 50-85 lbs. Must be able to push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform frequent standing, bending, twisting, crawling, kneeling, squatting, climbing, reaching and grasping.
- Must be able to work shifts and overtime as required.