Quality, efficiency, and growth. If these are your watchwords, then we want to hear from you! Our client, a leading producer of packaging, pulp, and specialty papers, is seeking a Maintenance & Engineering Business Unit Manager for their mill in Escanaba, MI. This role is responsible for providing overall management and development for the Maintenance and Engineering departments. Reporting to the Mill Manager, the successful candidate will sit on the Mill Lead Team and have several department managers report to them. Our client offers an innovative working environment with a strong talent development program, helping their staff progress and grow within the organization. This is a great opportunity to join a large stable company who want to support a positive work life balance, for all employees.
If you have any questions about this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 206-686-8084! To apply, submit your resume online today.
Situated on Little Bay de Noc, the port city of Escanaba, MI is a popular spot for fishing and boating. Nature lovers spend their days exploring the wilds of Hiwatha National Park. This tucked-away treasure offers loads of fun activities, rich history, and a safe environment, making Escanaba a great place to live.
Salary: Very competitive
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- A generous relocation package
- Healthcare and Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Disability Coverage Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Vacation and Holiday Leave
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
Shifts: Day shifts, Monday – Friday with occasional on call work required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education, technical training and experience.
Experience: Minimum of seven to ten years of paper experience at a large, fully integrated mill.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle multiple time sensitive projects and issues and must work well under pressure.
- Social, leadership, and communication skills to engage key customers and stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical, team leadership skills, planning and priority setting, and timely decision making.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fulfill all responsibilities as a member of the Mill Lead Team.
- Develop individual and departmental goals; coordinate team efforts and direct engineers on project work as needed.
- Develop, manage and execute the yearly capital plan and budget as dictated in mill’s goals.
- Maintain a close working relationship with union leadership and managers to optimize equipment and the facility.
- Oversee, train, develop, review, and discipline team members as needed.
- Lead area maintenance direct reports to increase effectiveness of crews.
- Other duties as required.