Electrician – Moncton, NB
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled Electrician to join a leading food and beverage company with a strong Canadian presence and a diverse portfolio of beloved brands.
Join our dynamic organization that nurtures professional development, where your input is highly valued in both the acquisition of new equipment and the strategic direction of maintenance.. If you are interested, please call 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954, or apply online today!
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time.
Shift: Monday-Friday (Afternoon Shifts 2:30 PM – 11:00 PM)
Location: Moncton, NB
Salary: $35.65 per hour with full time hours and overtime opportunities
- Must be a licensed industrial electrician
- Self-motivated, well organized and able to multi-task
- Must have basic computer competency skills – basic programming considered an asset
- Ability to troubleshoot high speed packaging equipment required
- Must be skilled to use power tools
- Must possess forklift and work at height training/ certifications – or be willing to obtain
- Must possess high numeracy skills, record keeping ability, mechanically inclined
- Must demonstrate a high level of problem solving skills, interpret process control data
- Must demonstrate ability to perform LOTO procedure
- Must be able to demonstrate good knowledge of Food Safety Systems (GMP’s, CCP’s, oPRP’s)
- Demonstrate good attendance and a sense of urgency
- Willing to be involved in continuous improvement to improve the quality of the product.
- Must be able to lift/ carry/ pull >50lbs on occasion
- Must be able to perform standing, walking, bending twisting, squatting, reaching and grasping
- Must be able to work shifts and overtime as required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies knowledge of processes, equipment and system capability to achieve challenging individual and facility standards
- Achieve performance standards with regards to safety, line utilization, RE and quality
- Ensures compliance with all Health & Safety regulations
- Demonstrates computer proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment
- Safely and productively operate equipment in accordance with established procedures
- Completion of PMs as directed
- Accurate part entry and PM closure via INFOR a must
- Maintains equipment in a satisfactory condition for safe operation
- Actively participates in line improvement meetings and projects
- Ensure adherence and compliance with quality standards
- Performs any other tasks as directed by managers and supervisors
Living in Moncton, NB
Moncton is located in the southeastern portion of New Brunswick. It generally maintains a low rise city status. The city’s skyline encompasses many buildings and structures with varying architectural styles from many periods. The climate in this city tends to be continental than maritime during the summer and winter seasons, with maritime influences somewhat tempering the transitional seasons of spring and autumn. The most popular park in the area is the Centennial Park, which contains an artificial beach, lighted cross country skiing and hiking trails, the city’s largest playground, lawn bowling and tennis facilities, a boating pond, a treetop adventure course, and Rocky Stone Field, a city owned 2,500 seat football stadium with artificial turf, and home to the Moncton Minor Football Association.