Are you a team-player looking for a place to shine? Our client, a seafood manufacturing company located in Delta, BC, is seeking an Electrician for their maintenance department. Our client is equally committed to their customers and their employees. Their environment is fast-paced with everybody willing to pitch in and make the work fly by. Not only will the successful candidate gain a big new family, they’ll get to work in a brand new facility and be given opportunities for professional development. So don’t be a fish out of water! Apply today, or give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954!
Living in Delta
Located within a half-hour drive of Vancouver, and edging the US/Canada border, Delta, BC (pop. 102,655) packs a punch when it comes to pioneer history, natural assets of beaches, parks and farmlands. Comprising three very different communities: North Delta, Tsawwassen and Ladner, Delta's diverse attributes are now becoming great attractions. The gentle landscapes give way to seven golf courses; the many dykes provide easy walking, cycling and equestrian trails and water sports, from skim boarding to kayaking are popular pursuits.
Salary: Competitive salary, depending on experience.
Benefits: Excellent benefits package, including medical and RRSP matching.
Shifts: Various shifts offered. Must be available for overtime and weekend hours as needed.
Education: Red Seal Electrician certificate required.
- Minimum 3 years of industrial electrical maintenance experience (installation, repair, maintenance of electrical systems and equipment).
- Food manufacturing or cold storage experience highly desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Committed to safe work practices.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, circuit diagrams and code specifications.
- Possess a good command of English.
- Well-developed maintenance skill set is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, examine, repair or replace electrical wiring, fixtures and other related equipment.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and related components to identify hazards, defects and the need for repair or replacement to ensure compliance with codes and specifications.
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical systems.
- Repair and calibrate instruments used for various process measurements and controls throughout the plant processing areas.
- Maintain updated documentation of all electrical changes implemented.
- Ensure that all work is in accordance with relevant codes and specifications.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks as assigned.