Electrician needed for print media, publications and packaging operation based out of Delta, BC. This full-time, unionized position is responsible for providing electrical maintenance services for all plant machines and equipment. If you like comprehensive benefits, RRSP’s, and lots of time off due to 12-hour shifts and a long weekend every second week, then don't wait! Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 604-343-3535, or apply online today!
If you have an Inter-Provincial Electrician ticket and enjoy the challenges of maintaining a 24 hour a day manufacturing operation this job is for you. Working in a clean, modern manufacturing environment, you will ensure the electrical maintenance and repair is done safely and efficiently. If you like working as part of a team on high-speed PLC controlled equipment, your electrical troubleshooting skills will be put to good use.
Living in Delta, BC
Located within a half-hour drive of Vancouver and minutes from Surrey, Richmond and New Westminster, Delta, BC packs a punch when it comes to pioneer history, natural assets of beaches, parks and farmlands. Comprising three very different communities: North Delta, Tsawwassen and Ladner, Delta's diverse attributes are now becoming great attractions. The gentle landscapes give way to seven golf courses; the many dykes provide easy walking, cycling and equestrian trails and water sports, from skimboarding to kayaking are popular pursuits.
Terms: Full-time, permanent.
Salary: $39.50/hour. Unionized.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package.
- RRSP matching.
- $350.00/year tool allowance.
- $300.00 safety boots allowance.
- $200.00 prescription safety glasses allowance.
Shifts: 12-hour rotating continental shifts (day & night).
- Interprovincial Red Seal Certification as an Electrician.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment at a Journeyman level.
- Manufacturing experience (considered a strong asset).
Skills and Abilities:
- Dedication to safety is a must.
- Knowledge of PLC software (i.e. Allen Bradley, Siemens, ABB) and how to design electrical systems and repair electrical equipment.
- Computer Literate (Microsoft Office).
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair (i.e. Printing Presses, and other machinery, etc.).
- Maintain environmental emission controls.
- Participate in safety and communication meetings.
- Maintain constructive relationships with internal customers and suppliers.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain open dialogue with maintenance staff, production manager and supervisors by identifying concerns and opportunities for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Physical requirements to carry out the duties of the role include; standing, walking, climbing, lifting and carrying up to 35lbs during 12 hour shifts.