Our client, Cardinal Meats Specialists Ltd, is a family-owned business that has been operating for more than 50 years, specializing in fully cooked meat products. They are seeking an Electrician to join their team at their fully cooked meat processing plant in Brampton, ON. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing equipment and premises maintenance to ensure safe operation, maximum operating time, and service to production needs.
This is a great opportunity to join a company that’s been in business for over 50 years. They very much value and invest in their employees and have a low staff turnover, with many employees working for the company for several years. If you have questions, give us a call 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 647-484-0311. To apply, submit your resume online today!
Brampton, ON is the 3rd most populated city in the Greater Golden Horseshoe Region, with a diverse population, made up of 209 different ethnicities. Located a 20-minute drive from both Mississauga and the Toronto Pearson International Airport, and a 45-minute drive from the city of Toronto, Brampton is easily accessible. Although with a wealth of education and recreation options, local transit, and health infrastructure, you may not want to leave! Brampton is a great place for a profession or family.
Salary: Excellent wage & extensive Benefits Package.
Benefits: Available after probation period Dental care, Extended health care, RRSP match, Vision care.
Shifts: Flexible work hours, minimum 40 hours a week with opportunity for weekend & overtime work.
- Red Seal or Journeyperson’s Electrician certificate required, 442A or 309A.
- Min. 5 years of Electrical experience in an industrial, manufacturing, and/or food manufacturing setting.
- Skilled in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and schematics.
- Experience with control panels, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), and electrical drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to use all electrical testing equipment – VM, Megger etc.
- Welding experience is strongly preferred (MIG, TIG and etc).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven to work with minimum supervision.
- Forming equipment experience preferred.
- Proficient user of maintenance programs (CMMS) and computer literacy.
- Ability to learn the operation of forklift, man-lift, and other material handling mobile equipment.
- Ability to safely operate a variety of power tools.
- Willingness to work at heights.
- Ability to use simple math to perform basic calculations.
- Knowledge and ability to use common measuring instruments and hand tools such as tape
- measure, level, or square.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to contribute and work in a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure first quality of work.
- Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct and complete scheduled preventative maintenance tasks and checklists, complete work orders, and ensure any parts that are used are documented for reordering.
- Troubleshoot, identify deficiencies, read schematics and blueprints as well as consulting equipment manuals.
- Provide technical support, replacing parts, adjusting settings, confirming proper operation, and making recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Optimize operations efficiency KPI.
- Training of production staff on setup, trouble shooting and running of plant equipment.
- Coverage for planned and unplanned absences that could compromise our policies, procedures, and programs.
- SQF and HACCP Accountabilities.
- Other duties as required.