For over 90 years, our client has been providing their clients across North America with bearings, power transmission products, engineered fluid power components and systems, specialty flow control solutions, and other industrial supplies, serving MRO and OEM customers for virtually every industry. They are looking to add a Machinist to their team located in Kamloops, BC. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, this role sets up and operates a variety of machine tools to manufacture (cut or grind metal or similar materials) precise dimensions of parts for the workshop or customers. Current employees enjoy the people-focused work environment, opportunities for advancement, and the great work-life balance that the company offers. If you’d like to learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954, or submit your resume online now!
Located in BC’s sunny Southern Interior, Kamloops is about an hour’s highway drive from Merritt or Salmon Arm, and just over 2 hrs from Kelowna. It has a variety of terrain, from rocky bluffs, canyons, grasslands, and it sits at the junction of the Thompson River branches and east of Kamloops Lake. Kamloops draws folks from all over with its many wineries and also has the highest number of golf courses per capita in Canada!
Salary: $42/hour negotiable + annual bonus
Shifts: 7 am-3:30 pm, Monday to Friday. OT available. Very occasional weekend shifts.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including extended health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, and RRSP matching also available.
Shifts: Monday to Friday (Some Saturdays if needed). The employer can accommodate different start times if needed.
- Red Seal Journey-level Machinist certificate and/or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of experience operating multiple machines.
- Extensive experience with manual machines (milling machines, lathes) is required.
- Valid driver’s license and clean abstract.
- Forklift Operator certification is a must.
- Able to work while bending, crouching, and kneeling, to lift and carry heavy parts of up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Enthusiastic and exhibits a positive attitude and desire to succeed.
- Effective leadership skills and/or interest in developing into a leadership role.
- Reliable, organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment with people from various backgrounds.
- Customer-service driven.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Machine raw material to finished goods as per specific drawing.
- Read and interpret blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operations to be performed.
- Compute dimensions and tolerances, and measure and layout pieces.
- Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to perform precision machining operations, including turning work, milling, drilling, planning, drilling and grinding.
- Check with precision measuring instruments, if the dimensions of the products are accurate and conform to prescription.
- Use all measuring tools for inspections and checking your own work.
- Ensure machinery and work areas are kept clean.
- Adhere to the requirements of the Quality, Health and Safety programs.
- Other duties as required.