Envirogreen Technologies Ltd. is seeking a Lube Technician in Princeton, BC!
Wage Range: $26 to $30 per hour depending on experience
Envirogreen Technologies Ltd. Contaminated Waste Treatment Facility is located approximately 20 KM
Southwest of Princeton, B.C. V0X 1W0.
Envirogreen Technologies Ltd. (ETL) is an established waste management company, leading the way
in the treatment of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes. Our permitted hazardous waste treatment
facility, located outside of Princeton, BC, utilizes thermal desorption technology to treat a wide range of
industrial waste and contaminated soil.
ETL is looking for a motivated Lube Technician with proven experience to join our team. The Lube
Technician works under the direction of the Facility Manager and any assigned Supervisors and works
with other employees within the company to ensure safe work practices and policies, compliances and
regulations are adhered.
Main responsibilities will include; fueling & greasing site heavy equipment, inspections, regular
scheduled services, and minor repairs.
The Lube Technician will work closely with facility staff to create a positive and safe working environment,
be a resource to management and facility staff for health and safety information and promote health and
safety programs in the workplace.
- Customer Focused
- Communication – Effective Verbal, Written and Listening
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Operating Equipment
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Research and Analysis
- Development and Continual Learning
- Provide consultation
- Accountability and Dependability
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Ethics and Integrity
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Planning and Organizing
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Support and promote safety and health projects and initiatives
- Employee required to complete pre/post inspections on all tools and equipment
- Maintain mechanical workshops and storage facilities in a clean, organized and safe manner
- Responsible for tool inventory
- Maintains and reviews fuel and lubrication reports and service report
- Performs fuel, oil, lube and filter service on all assigned equipment
- Responsible for fueling equipment
- Inspects equipment conditions (wear, alignment, function, etc.)
- Reports equipment conditions to Supervisor
- Ensures that all equipment lube tasks are performed accurately to the manufacturer standards
- Follow contamination control and HAZMAT rules and regulations
- Test and verify correct operation of all repairs and adjustments
- Maintain suitable inventory of all needed supplies
- Be able to work in a team environment
- Participate in required training programs including, but not limited to, WHMIS, TDG, confined
space entry and rescue, fall protection, fire extinguisher use, first aid, mobile equipment
awareness, aerial work platform, etc.
- Facility cleanup
- Maintenance duties during shut down periods
- General labour duties as required.
- All other duties as requested by supervisor or manager
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Certified to operate a forklift and/or manlift an asset
- Air Brake Certification an asset
- May be required to complete respirator certification
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Registered as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic Apprentice an asset
- License: Valid Class 5 driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Language: English.
- Confidence, with the proven ability to build credibility and strong partnerships at all levels.
- Very strong sense of urgency with proven record of following through to meet deadlines and
- Energetic, self-motivated, creative and especially a positive outlook.
- Ability to work effectively and prioritize.
- Ability to wear respiratory protection (e.g. half- and/or full-face respirator).
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Proven ability to maintain confidences and ensure confidentiality of information and records.
- Follow directions.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ensure the safe, efficient operation, cleaning of and running adjustments for equipment operated.
- Ability to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Complete all testing (including drug & alcohol) and training required to fulfill the requirements of
this position and meet all health and safety requirements as instructed by the supervisor or
manager. All training provided by ETL.
- Support company initiatives and policies enthusiastically.
- Employee must attend all required meetings, information sessions, and training sessions as
required by supervisor or manager.
- Employee must participate in any post incident investigation process.
- Computer experience
- Must be able to work in wet, humid, hot, high noise, and dusty environment.
- Hazardous materials – proper PPE selection for task required.
- Willing and able to work outdoors in year-round weather conditions.
- Dynamic work environment requiring changing work priorities.
- Benefit package after successful 3-month probationary period.
- PPE allowance program after successful 3-month probationary period.
- Equipment elevation changes.
- Working near moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment.
- Travel may be required to Lower Mainland (infrequent).
- Physical demands included (but are not limited to): using proper lifting techniques for heavy lifting, manual dexterity, climbing ladders, working in and about confined spaces and/or high locations, repetitive movement.
- Shift work as required. Possible weekend shifts.
- Overtime may be required.
To apply, submit your resume below or email it to Envirogreen Technologies Ltd. at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified applicants should visit Envirogreen Technologies website: www.envirogreentech.com