Title: Millwright/Lift Maintenance
Department: Mountain Operations
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Date Revised: June 2023
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Millwright/Lift Maintenance Mechanic is a hands-on position responsible for performing all preventative and emergency maintenance on all Mt Seymour chairlifts, conveyors, and passenger rope ways.
- To uphold Mt Seymour’s mandate to “excite and engage everyone in mountain recreation by providing fun, safe and enriching experiences.”
- To uphold and promote Mt Seymour’s Core Values: Safety, Fun, Integrity, Accessibility and Environmental Stewardship.
- Report and rectify unsafe acts, conditions, or procedures.
- Identify and prioritize lift maintenance requirements.
- Manage inventories as they relate to Lifts.
- Oversee all lift maintenance procedures and improvements as required.
- Ensure that all manufacturer’s guidelines and government regulations regarding maintenance and repair are being followed appropriately. (i.e., Z98 Code, building codes, etc.)
- Oversee outside maintenance contractors for both regular and emergency repairs.
- Ordering, shipping, and receiving of materials as required.
- Maintaining records as needed including:
- Lift Logs for each lift
- Maintenance Logs for each lift
- Purchase Orders
- Vehicle and Equipment inspections
- LM Inventory of tools & materials
- Lift Incident Reports
- Ensure a high standard in all finished work while balancing business costs and time efficiencies.
- Adherence to the maintenance budget and planning.
- Monitor and promote health and safety regulations, policies, and procedures in the workplace.
- Assist the Mountain Operations department and other departments on-hill as required.
- Keep a clean, organized, and safe work environment including the:
- Lift stations
- Motor room
- Other related duties as required for the success of the mountain operation.
- Clear verbal and written English communication skills.
- Must hold an Inter-provincial Millwright Journeyman’s Ticket.
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience as a ticketed Millwright with working knowledge of other related trades including welding and electrical.
- Must be comfortable with working at heights up to 50 feet, kneel, bend, stoop, squat, and stretch to fulfill duties.
- Ability to Lift and carry 25kg at times.
- Requires grasping, tool use, writing, standing, sitting, driving, shoveling, repetitive motions, climbing, Listening, and hearing ability, and visual acuity.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish positive working relationships with managers, other supervisors, co-workers, and direct reports.
- Must be able to physically:
- Work in all weather conditions,
- Sustain a professional working manner during emergency response,
- Work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment.
- Experience leading teams,
- Experience managing competing priorities,
- Experience in Mount Seymour Provincial Park terrain,
- Valid Passenger Ropeway Mechanic courses Lift 151,152,153 (or willingness to obtain)
- Valid WHMIS certificate (or willingness to obtain),
- Valid Confined Space certificate (or willingness to obtain),
- Experience with Fiix, CMMS Computer Program
- Strong decision making, prioritizing and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong interpersonal-relations and guest service skills.
- Ability to focus on big picture and attention to detail simultaneously.
- Ability to stay assertive while maintaining a friendly demeanor.
- Ability to coach and supervise apprentices.
- Dependable, timely and cooperative.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high-volume environment with ability to reason and react with quick, thoughtful judgement.
- Able to follow direction and work unsupervised.
- Ability to advocate for safety while understanding the needs and limitations of the business.
- Maintain a healthy level of enthusiasm and teamwork within the operations department.
- Ability to be a supportive team member of the Operations department and beyond.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- $40-$44/hour based on compatibility with experience, qualifications, and assets.
- Full time, year-round position.
- Vacation pay accrual at the rate of 6% per bi-weekly pay period.
- 50% of employee benefit costs including medical, dental, extended health, life insurance, and long-term disability after 3 months of continuous full-time employment.
- Family Seasons Passes for Mt Seymour Resorts ski area.
- RRSP plan membership will commence after 1 year of continuous full-time employment and will be matched by the company up to 2%.
- Up to 80 hours of OT can be banked in winter season to be used in summer months.
- The first 3 months of employment will constitute a probationary period. During this time, your performance will be monitored, assessed, and evaluated to ensure suitability for this role.