Get your camp work here! Yes, we have a rare and beautiful fly-in/fly-out Heavy Duty Mechanic position located in Northern BC. Our client, Fireside Minerals, is a resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development focusing on barite. Flights and travel to the site are paid for by the company from major transport hubs such as Vancouver, Kelowna, Edmonton or Calgary.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, Mine Manager and General Manager, this role will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of off-road heavy duty equipment. So, if you can work hard and work smart (and don’t mind getting dirty), we want to hear from you! Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 or text at 250-483-5954, but there’s no reason to dawdle! Apply online today.
Salary: $37/hr plus annual bonus.
- 50% Benefits coverage.
- New camp with Internet/Wifi.
Shifts: Fly in/ Fly out position. 19 days on, 12 days off. OT available over 8 hours/day, must be willing to work 12 hours days.
- Valid Inter-provincial Red Seal HD Mechanic/Technician ticket.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid First Aid (Min Emergency OFA 1).
- Minimum of 3+ years HD mechanic experience in a mining setting.
- Experience working in a remote setting.
- Equipment operation experience.
- Welding/Electrical experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- A good attitude and ability to adapt is a must for this role.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands on servicing of equipment and troubleshooting of a large selection of equipment such as excavators, dozers, rock trucks, compressors, gen sets, milling equipment etc.
- Provide a safe working environment and ensuring health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Ensure that repairs and maintenance are being completed in a cost and time effective manner.
- Ensure a proper stock of inventory is on hand for all maintenance related items so that down time is held to a minimum.
- Plan and schedule preventive maintenance and servicing of equipment.
- Oversee the repair and maintenance of all equipment at the mine including milling equipment occasionally.
- Communicate with the team to coordinate maintenance and repair work
- Applicants must be able to participate in a Skype interview if necessary.
- Conditions typical to a mine.
*Please not this position is not eligible for the Employee Referral Program*