Location: Red Dog, AK, US
Teck Alaska Incorporated – Red Dog Operations, Alaska US
Are you looking for a financially stable career while working for a world leader in sustainable mining?
Teck Alaska Incorporated, Red Dog Operations, one of the world’s largest producers of zinc concentrate, is recruiting for a Journeyperson Millwright x2. Due to anticipated needs, we are currently recruiting for multiple openings.
Reporting to the Mill Maintenance Supervisor, Millwrights are responsible for repairing and maintaining site structures and equipment.
This is a fly-in / fly-out role with a schedule rotation of two weeks on-site and two weeks off-site. Air Travel to the Red Dog Mine is provided by Teck from Anchorage, Alaska. All employees are responsible for covering their own cost of travel to/from Anchorage, Alaska. Permanent full-time tradespeople are offered a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan with medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid sick leave and vacation, and more.
- Retirement Package
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
To be successful we are looking for a motivated teammate who communicates well with others and perform maintenance tasks with limited direction. This role requires the ability to perform labor-intensive tasks as required and the willingness to work outdoors with the potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Participate in property and departmental safety initiatives some of which include High Potential Risk Assessments, Job Safety Observations, Pre-Shift warm up exercises and accurate Safety & Environmental Task Analysis Card documentation and necessary follow up
- Responsible for maintaining tidy work areas, lockers, tool boxes, shops and personnel accommodations
- Accurate and timely record keeping including, maintaining Maintenance Work Orders with specific details of time to complete work, key observations of the equipment, parts used and those returned to inventory
- Dismantle, troubleshoot, assemble and install a variety of industrial equipment which may include several varieties of pumps, crushing and grinding machinery, conveyors, and numerous other ancillary equipment used in a mining and milling operation
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices, such as cranes, jacks and tractors, to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Interact with a variety of employees on the property such as operators, engineering, trades and operating supervision on methods, procedures and hazards in order to coordinate the services of other trades and service personnel in the planning of their portion of the job; prioritizing work on a daily basis utilizing the Maintenance Work Order System; estimating material costs and labor hours on jobs and troubleshooting plant equipment
- Ensure all tools and equipment are maintained and kept in a clean and orderly condition
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of environmental risks and hazards as well as complies with safety policies and procedures (Mine Safety & Health Administration and Red Dog Emergency Medical Service training) and ensures daily workplace inspections are done in order to accurately identify and correct workplace hazards
- Take a leading role in training and development of the NANA Shareholder apprentice
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- A Journeyperson Millwright or have 10 or more years of proven experience in heavy industrial maintenance which includes pumps, conveyors, welding, alignment, heavy rigging, compressors, crushers and sag and ball mills
- Capability of working with engineered drawings
- Ability to adhere to high safety standards
- Able to work day, afternoon, or night shifts as required
- A team player and able to communicate well with others
- Highly motivated and have ability to perform tasks with limited direction
- Able to work outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions
- Able to perform labor intensive work when required
- A valid Alaska driver license is preferred
- Basic computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft office applications
- Ability to train apprentices
- Able to perform labor intensive work when required
Red Dog is a drug/alcohol free workplace and provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program. Employment is conditional upon passing a background check, physical examination and drug/alcohol tests. Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, life, AD&D and long term disability insurance, paid sick leave, vacation days and 401k. Red Dog currently offers a 2×2 (two weeks on & two week off) an even schedule to provide a better work-life balance to our employees.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please Apply Here