Are you a Fabricator looking for a new opportunity? Then we want to hear from you! Our client is Redline Glass, and they require a fabricator for their shop in Victoria, BC. Redline Glass fabricate, repairs, and installs everything from showers and tubs to commercial fronts to specialty products. And as the biggest unionized shop in BC, you never have to fear a work shortage! They are offering competitive wages and benefits, and the opportunity to join a fast-growing company that is only going up! If you have questions, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 or text 250-483-5954. Or better yet, apply online today or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Victoria is the capital of BC and a beautiful city that caters to all lifestyles. It has a population of approximately 345,000. It’s not hard to see why Victoria is a major tourist destination, all year round. It boasts beautiful weather and scenery, friendly people, a vibrant cultural scene, limitless recreational opportunities, and a full range of amenities. To learn more about living in Victoria, visit our Town Page!
Terms: Permanent, Full-time.
Salary: $33.08/hr, depending on experience. Wages for non-ticketed candidates are $26.46/hr. Unionized. Some relocation assistance will be provided to qualified candidates.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, RRSP, and pension.
- 8% Vacation pay.
- Red Seal or BC Journeyman Glazier ticket holder highly preferred.
- Willing to consider 4th year Glazier apprentices. Redline will support those wishing to gain their tickets.
- Welding ticket an asset.
- Forklift ticket an asset.
- Previous experience measuring glass and use of glass cutters an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Dedication to safety is a must.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods, as well as bending, crouching, and kneeling.
- Must be able to work outside at various times of the year.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English a must.
- Ability to read/create cutlist, calculate compound angles and read and accurately use a tape measure required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications to determine type and thickness of glass, frame, installation procedure and materials required.
- Quality control paperwork.
- Use of automated and manual saws, and punches and rooter.
- Door fabrication and hardware install.
- Position glass panes into frames and secure glass using clips, points or moldings.
- Fabricate metal frames for glass installation.
- Measure and mark glass and cut glass using glass cutters.
Redline Glass is located at 6825 Veyaness Rd., Saanichton, B.C, V8M 2A7, Canada
*Please note this position is not eligible for the Employee Referral Program*