How would you like to settle down in one of the warmest areas of British Columbia? Our client is market leader in the manufacturing of roofing and building materials. They are seeking Journeymen Millwrights/Industrial Mechanics for their production facility in beautiful Ashcroft, BC. Reporting directly to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. In return, our client is offering great wages, comprehensive benefits, a three-day weekend, training and developmental opportunities, and a challenging, progressive, and team-oriented environment. If you have any questions about this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954. To apply, submit your resume online today.
Located on either side of the Thompson River, Ashcroft, BC boasts clean air and a warm, dry climate that makes outdoor activities so enjoyable. Residents in this small town enjoy affordable housing, abundant local produce, public transit, local emergency services, and access to education. Being situated on Highway 97C, Ashcroft is easily accessible from the surrounding areas of Cache Creek, Wallachin, and 40 minutes by car to Logan Lake and Tobian. Even Kamloops is about an hours’ drive away. Whether it’s shopping at Desert Hills Ranch, camping at Legacy Park, or visiting the Ashcroft museum, Ashcroft has something for everyone.
Salary: $37.53-38.28/hr. Moving to $39.05/hr on February 1, 2019. Unionized. Relocation assistance provided for the right candidate.
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits Package.
Shifts: Wednesday – Saturday, 7:00am – 5:30pm (10 hours shift). Must be able to work shifts as well as some extended hours and weekends.
Education: Red Seal or BC Journeyman Millwright licence required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Strong communication skills, ability to build relationships.
- Must be team-oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preventive maintenance and repair on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines.
- Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Prepare mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds on a routine basis.
- Must be able to walk and/or stand 70-90% of the shift.
- Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Own set of metric and standard tools required.
- Employees must wear a respirator.