Instrumentation Technician – Lethbridge, AB
Are you an Instrumentation Technician looking for a new opportunity in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere? Our client is looking to hire an Instrumentation Technician for their Lethbridge Processing Plant. This position is ideal for individuals with Food Manufacturing Experience. Interested? Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 587-794-3883, or submit your resume online today!
Lethbridge, Alberta is a beautiful Canadian city that enjoys more than 320 days of sunshine each year. Known for its small city charm, community pride and friendly people, Lethbridge offers more than 70 parks, 140km of trails, many playgrounds and sport fields and is located only 2 hours’ drive from Calgary and 5 hours’ drive from Edmonton. With some of the most spectacular scenery and attractions Alberta has to offer, Lethbridge is a wonderful place to live and work.
Salary: Wage: $43.96 p/h
- Extended Health Care
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Dental Care
Shifts: General shifts 4 x 10 hr shifts with peak periods of 3 x 12-hour shifts plus OT
Location: Lethbridge, AB
- Food industry experience is an asset
- Solid background in industrial and production maintenance
- A minimum of 3 years of related work experience
- Journeyman Instrumentation Mechanic Red Seal certification or equivalent Canadian journeyperson certification with, or a 4th year apprentice
Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to working in a safe and efficient manner (adherence to Lock Out-Tag Out, Confined Space, Fall Protection, Hot Work, Arc Flash, and other applicable regulations and practices).
- Read blueprints
- Able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Superior troubleshooting skills
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work with others to perform all aspects of maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes would be an asset
- Knowledge of power-generating plants would be an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to create and execute project plans that have achieved the identified targets
- Results & detail-oriented
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installing, inspecting, repairing, and maintaining a wide range of plant processing and packaging equipment and machinery
- Read diagrams and schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures
- Calibrate components and instruments according to manufacturers’ specifications
- Consult manufacturer’s manuals, circuit diagrams and blueprints to determine tests and maintenance procedures for instruments used for measuring and controlling flow, level, pressure, temperature, chemical composition and other variables in manufacturing and processing
- Inspect and test operation of instruments and systems to diagnose faults using pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices and precision measuring instruments
- Ensure all regular preventive maintenance work is performed accurately and properly documented
- Other duties and activities as appropriate and necessary