How would you like work in one of the most desirable places to live in BC? Our client, a sustainable softwood kraft manufacturer, is seeking an Instrument Mechanic for their mill located in beautiful Castlegar, BC. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for preventive maintenance and repair as well as taking an active part in improving system processes. With a strong emphasis on quality and teamwork, workers enjoy a stable work environment as well as community and family support. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to a world-class, modern mill that is dedicated to green initiatives. If you have any questions about this position, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954. Better yet, apply online now and get the ball rolling!
Castlegar is the second largest community in the West Kootenay region of BC, known for its beautiful views of the Selkirk Mountain Range. Castlegar is located 30 minutes by car from Nelson, 3.5 hours from Kelowna, and 7 hours from Vancouver. This small community offers amenities such as a college, airport, regional public transport, community parks and more. With direct access to Arrow Lake and the Kootenay and Columbia Rivers, boating, fishing, canoeing, and kayaking are popular with residents and visitors alike. Castlegar is also a favourite spot for skiers, snowboarders, and mountain bikers.
Salary: $42.73/hr with annual increases. 1.5X OT after 10 hours.
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits Package, including a defined pension plan.
Shifts: Monday-Friday, 8 am – 4 pm.
- Interprovincial Red Seal Instrument Mechanic ticket.
- Additional technical training an asset.
- Previous mill experience preferred.
- Troubleshooting and preventative maintenance experience a must.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
- Ability to work within a flexible work environment.
- Solid knowledge of world-class maintenance practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional safety performance.
- Work with various mill groups to improve reliability and productivity.
- Assist in improving control systems and optimize control system effectiveness.
- Troubleshoot mill processes and repair process equipment.