HSB BI&I is looking for a Contract Inspector (Loss Control) in Ottawa, ON and surrounding areas!
HSB BI&I is a leader in providing specialized equipment breakdown insurance. We provide insurance and reinsurance to Canadian and global businesses through our coast to coast network of offices, 4,000 independent insurance brokers and over 50 major insurance companies. HSB BI&I is a member of the Hartford Steam Boiler Group and part of the global Munich Re Group of Companies.
- We have over 140 years of experience and through our modern systems and practices remain unsurpassed in meeting our customers’ needs.
- You can become an expert in your field while enjoying a healthy work/life balance and a collaborative, friendly atmosphere in our offices.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to our employees.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website: www.munichre.com/hsbbii
Working within the Ottawa and surrounding areas, you will conduct jurisdictional inspections for our clients. You will maintain relationships with clients and colleagues with a focus on public safety, risk reduction and customer service.
This position is home-based. Travel expenses are paid based on company guidelines.
- National Board Commission is required.
- COC with TSSA is a plus but not a requirement.
- Ability to obtain Reliability Clearance is required.
- At least 3-5 years maintenance/operations experience including boilers/pressure vessels, refrigeration and production equipment.
- Post-secondary technical education.
- CGSB certification in Ultrasonic Testing is a plus but not a requirement.
- Strong oral, written communications and computer skills (including report writing).
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license, ability to travel.
- Dedication to exceptional client service.
- Background in Marine, Mechanical or Stationary Engineering is recommended, but not compulsory.
- Knowledge of ASME code (boilers and pressure vessels) is an asset, but not compulsory.
- 2nd Class or above preferred.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, submit your resume below or send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Job Reference INON1118-BW.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.