Our client, Intertape Polymer Group (IPG), is a recognized leader in the development, manufacture and sale of a variety of paper and film-based pressure-sensitive and water-activated tapes, stretch and shrink films, protective packaging, and more. They are seeking an Industrial Millwright to join their team in Cornwall, ON. As the go-to person for issues with production lines, equipment, and other machines, the Industrial Millwright assists in the production process by performing regular maintenance and repairs on machinery and mechanical equipment.
Current employees enjoy a nice, clean shop to work in with a safety-first atmosphere; educational training and support; a team environment; and proven job stability thanks to the consistent demand for their products in the medical industry. If you’d like to learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 647-484-0311, or submit your resume online today!
A 4-hour drive from Toronto, 30 minutes to Quebec, and 10 minutes to the US border, Cornwall, ON is a great option for those who like to be close to the action while enjoying affordable housing, schools, rec centres, a vibrant sports community and access to the Saint Lawrence River.
Salary: Excellent wage & extensive Benefits Package.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including extended health, life insurance, short-term disability, annual boot & tool allowance, uniforms, and more.
Shifts: Straight day shifts, 7 am to 3:30 pm. Occasional OT.
- Valid Red Seal or Ontario Journeyperson Millwright certificate preferred; fully licensed or 2nd – 4th-year apprentice Welders, Pipefitters, Tool & Die Makers, Machinists, and Auto Mechanics will also be considered.
- Min 3 years’ recent and related journeyperson experience in a corrective and preventive maintenance environment.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and problem solve malfunctions.
- Electro-mechanical aptitude and familiarity with plastics or converting machinery.
- Machining, welding, fabricating, and/or pipefitting experience or skills would be an asset.
- Strong manual dexterity and ability to interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and under minimum supervision.
- Work planning and continuous improvement experience would be considered an asset.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills and a good sense of risk management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily machinery checks.
- Clean and lubricate machinery.
- Correct issues with machinery.
- Remove/replace defective parts.
- Install new machinery.
- Educate production workers about preventative maintenance.
- Prepare maintenance reports.
- Suggest future repairs.
- Order parts and supplies.
- Other duties as required.