How would you like to work for an employer who’s all about empowerment? Our client is one of North America’s largest recyclers and a leader in environmentally friendly steel manufacturing. They are seeking multiple Millwrights / Industrial Mechanics for their facility in Whitby, ON. Our client puts more into their communities than just their products; they also take an active role in social projects. Internally, our client supports their employees with competitive wages, 100% employer funded benefits, and significant developmental opportunities.
This role will be responsible for preventative maintenance and repair on all mechanical equipment. If you have any questions about this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 647-484-0311. To apply, submit your resume online now!
Whitby, ON is located about an hours’ drive to Toronto, and just 15 minutes from Oshawa and Ajax. Whitby is the urban hub of the area, complete with shops, restaurants, theatres, museums, and more. Sitting on the northern shore of Lake Ontario, Whitby boasts an award-winning marina, as well as Canada's largest municipally owned and operated recreation facility, the Iroquois Park Sports Centre. Due to its amenities, natural beauty, and proximity to the GTA, Whitby is a great place to call home.
Salary: $34.13 per hour, with additional shift premiums available for weekend work. A substantial amount of overtime is currently available, with new hires often earning over 100 time and a half hours, within their first year.
Benefits: 100% employer funded benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision. An excellent pension plan also available. An excellent relocation is also available.
Shifts: Varied shifts, up to 12 hours, including night shifts and weekend work.
- Red Seal or Ontario Journeyman Millwright ticket is required.
- IMT (Industrial Maintenance Technician) would be an asset.
- At least 5 years’ Millwright experience.
- Experience in a heavy industrial or manufacturing environment would be highly desirable.
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, gear boxes, bearings, overhead cranes and drive shafts would be preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Dedication to safety is a must.
- Superior diagnosing and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thoughtful, thorough, and strong attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform inspections, maintenance and repairs on mechanical, lubricating, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Assembles/aligns gears, bearings & shafts, involving press, sliding & running fits, aligns pumps, motors, turbines & gear reducers.
- Operate power driven mobile equipment and ordinary crane hooking.
- Other duties as required.