Are you are Millwright open to a new opportunity with an amazing company? Our client, Gerdau Long Steel North America, offers a range of long steel and special steel products from a network of mills across the United States and Canada. They are one of the largest recyclers in North America, and one of the world's most environmentally friendly steel producers. Each year, they transform millions of tons of scrap into steel–such as merchant steel, rebar, structural shapes, fabricated steel, flat rolled steel and wire rods–that is used to build the future.
Gerdau is seeking multiple Millwrights/Industrial Mechanics for their facility in Whitby, ON. This role will be responsible for preventative maintenance and repair on all mechanical equipment. In return, they are offering $36.13/hour plus OT, weekend shift premiums, and relocation assistance. Employees also enjoy 100% employer-funded medical and dental benefits, $400/year vision, 4% pension plan, and employee and tuition reimbursement assistance. This is a chance to join a company that provides job security, environmental solutions, social projects, and developmental opportunities, so don’t wait! Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 647-484-0311, or submit your resume online now!
Whitby, ON is located about an hours’ drive to Toronto, and just 15 minutes from Oshawa and Ajax. Whitby is the urban hub of the area, complete with shops, restaurants, theatres, museums, and more. Sitting on the northern shore of Lake Ontario, Whitby boasts an award-winning marina, as well as Canada's largest municipally owned and operated recreation facility, the Iroquois Park Sports Centre. Due to its amenities, natural beauty, and proximity to the GTA, Whitby is a great place to call home.
Salary: $36.13 per hour, with additional shift premiums available for weekend work. A substantial amount of overtime is currently available, with new hires often earning over 100 time and a half hours, within their first year. The average annual income for Industrial Millwrights in 2019 was $113,000 CDN.
Benefits: 100% employer funded benefits package, including:
- Medical and Prescription: non-employee contributory group benefit plan, RX coverage, various paramedical services.
- Dental: 100% coverage.
- Vision: $400/every 24 months – per covered person plus eye exam.
- Pension/RSP plan: up to 4% contribution from Company to Defined contribution pension plan.
- Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance: $80K for basic life and AD&D.
- Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program, and Relocation Assistance available.
Shifts: Hours of work may involve 8-hour days or 12-hour shifts. Must be willing to work extended hours for scheduled shutdowns, emergency/breakdown work and call in support.
- Red Seal or Ontario Journeyman Millwright ticket is required.
- IMT (Industrial Maintenance Technician) would be an asset.
- At least 5 years’ Millwright experience.
- Experience in a heavy industrial or manufacturing environment would be highly desirable.
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, gear boxes, bearings, overhead cranes and drive shafts would be preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Dedication to safety is a must.
- Superior diagnosing and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thoughtful, thorough, and strong attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform inspections, maintenance and repairs on mechanical, lubricating, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Assembles/aligns gears, bearings & shafts, involving press, sliding & running fits, aligns pumps, motors, turbines & gear reducers.
- Operate power driven mobile equipment and ordinary crane hooking.
- Other duties as required.