Are you an Electrician who’d like to work for one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies? Our client is a global leader in agriculture and food processing who has been in business for over 150 years. They are seeking an Industrial Electrician to provide electrical repair and maintenance at their plant in North Vancouver, BC. This unionized role offers a starting wage of $42.12/hr, flexible benefits, and career and developmental opportunities. To learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 604-343-3553 or apply online today!
Located a 20-minute SeaBus ride away from the city of Vancouver, North Vancouver is an ideal location for nature lovers and urbanites alike. Hike Quarry Rock in Deep Cove and treat yourself to a fantastic donut from Honey’s. Check out a play or concert at Centennial Theatre or Capilano University. Go skiing or snowboarding Seymour, Cypress, or Grouse Mountain. North Vancouver is diverse, accessible, and beautiful. It’s rainy, but it’s worth it.
- Starting wage $42.12/hr. Unionized position.
- Flexible benefits plan including pension.
- Training and career development opportunities.
- Monday-Friday day/evenings/nights during training, then 6 on 3 off rotation, combination of day/evening and occasional graveyard shifts. Schedule may change with notice.
- Must be able to work scheduled shutdowns and respond to Emergency Call-Ins.
- BC Journeyman or Red Seal Electrician ticket required.
- Technology diploma an asset.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a heavy industrial environment.
- Network experience (Ethernet, Profibus and Modbus) and programming experience (Ti-Soft, Step 7, WinCC) an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Dedication to safety a must.
- Ability to interpret logic drawings/electrical schematics.
- Knowledgeable in automated systems and suppliers.
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic and a proven safety record.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, modify, repair and maintain electrical circuits, devices and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical and control equipment.
- Provide assistance to other Maintenance team members.
- Respond to after-hours emergency calls on a rotational basis.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to work in conditions such as confined spaces, heights, dust and extreme temperatures.
- Must be capable of lifting and stacking 50 lbs without assistance.
- Candidates may be asked to participate in competency examinations and/or skill tests to assist in determining required qualifications.
- Medical testing may be required.