Our client grows produce and works with the biggest food retail brands in the UK, Europe and North America. They are seeking a skilled Industrial Electrician to join their team at their plant located in Hamilton, ON. This role will be responsible for conducting preventative maintenance and repairs of plant equipment to ensure uninterrupted day-to-day operations. This is a great opportunity to join a company that prides itself on its good working environment, inclusive culture, supportive team, and offers opportunities for growth. It’s also a great way to get experience in the food industry. If you’re interested, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 647-484-0311, or submit your resume online today to apply!
Whether it’s city life or outdoor adventure you’re after, Hamilton, ON is certain to deliver. With a population of 536,900 and considerable industry, it is the ninth-largest city in Canada. Residents enjoy every amenity as well as a thriving arts and culture community. Outdoor enthusiasts will be sure to enjoy easy access to the Royal Botanical Gardens, Niagara Escarpment, Lake Ontario, and a UNESCO World Biosphere. It is located about an hour and a half’s drive away from both Toronto, ON and the US border at Queenston.
Salary: $30 – $40 per hour depending on experience.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including pension, RRSP contribution and vacation time.
Shifts: Day shifts and working 5 day a week. Busy period is October through to May. Production runs 24/7.
- Red Seal Electrician ticket or 442A certification a must.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of electrical maintenance experience is required. Experience with the quarrying or packaging industries are an advantage.
- 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment particularly in conveyors, packing & labelling machines, food experience an asset but not a must.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, planning, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge with PLCs is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical equipment, both new and old.
- Experience working in a non-unionized environment.
- Ability to lead & train other employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and maintain the production line (filling, packing and conveying), equipment both inside & outside the building, and support with a large range of older equipment.
- Set front-line performance standards providing coaching and feedback to build capability and improve performance.
- Other duties as required.