Are you an Industrial Electrician who would be interested in…
Working on some of the largest and most automated equipment in the world?
Receiving a generous relocation bonus to help move you and your family to one of BC’s most beautiful mountain communities?
Enjoying a long list of benefits and perks?
If you’re interested in all that, then we want to hear from you! Our client is one of Canada’s largest diversified mining companies and they are seeking multiple electricians for their mine in beautiful Elkford, BC. To learn more, call 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954. This is a great opportunity for those ready for all the advantages of a safe workplace and ongoing in-house training and workshops to help progress your career. Time to get the ball rolling and apply online today!
The picturesque Rocky Mountain town of Elkford, BC has approximately 3,000 residents and offers a feeling of relaxed rural community living. The area’s pristine natural wilderness is highlighted by proximity to Elk Lakes Provincial Park and the Height of the Rockies Wilderness Area along the continental divide. Recreational activities include world-class fly-fishing on the Elk River, camping, swimming, canoeing, a local ski hill, golf, hunting, and a full range of recreational activities. It is about 30 minutes by car from Sparwood and 45 minutes from Fernie.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time.
Salary: Competitive, plus OT, premiums and bonuses. Trade retention bonus plus relocation assistance offered.
Benefits: An excellent benefits package including:
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Trades Retention Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Extended health, dental, & vision
- Paid vacation
- Retirement package
Shifts: 4×4 shifts, days and nights.
- Valid Red Seal Journeyman Industrial Electrician certification.
- Experience in working on a variety of industrial equipment including trucks, electrical shovels, electric drills, mobile, high voltage equipment, and intake pump transformers preferred.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Proficient in distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controls (PLC), variable frequency drive (VFD), motor control center (MCC), and microprocessors.
- Understanding of the Electrical Code.
- Familiarity with reading electrical schematics and prints.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Pre-employment drug test required.
- Respirator policy – must be clean shaven.
- Mining experience is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Construct, maintain, alter, repair, and test electric or electronic systems and components that are integral to the operation’s mining activities.
- Perform duties that range from routine preventative maintenance on mining equipment to repairing major breakdowns in a shop or a field environment.
- Complete installations, perform maintenance and troubleshoot in a processing plant environment.
- Other duties as required.