Hydraulic Field Service Technician –Saskatoon, SK
Salary: Approx. $39/ hour for Journeyman Certification
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Match – 3%
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Incentive Programs
- Free and Confidential EFAP Program
- Maternity Leave Top Up
- Educational Reimbursement Programs
- Recognition and Service Award
Shifts: 8-4:30, 5 days/week OT based on projects 75% travel during the week. Home on weekends, except big projects = couple weekends a year.
- 5 years of proven Hydraulic repair experience is required. Preferably field service related
- A background in Lubrication is preferred, however, training can will be provided
- Welding experience/DC wiring experience would be an asset
- Certification in related fields would be an asset
- Proven ability to work in team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Ability to read, interpret and apply codes, standards, specifications, and drawings
- Ability to prioritize a number of tasks and complete a variety of work assignments within structured and/or critical deadlines
- Service orientated, ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate sound judgment with an extremely high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to effectively communicate technical findings in writing and verbally.
- Ability to clearly communicate work instructions to shop personnel in order to document and preserve evidence of failure.
- Knowledge of general business computer software and aptitude to learn new software applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a safe manner, lead by example and contribute to overall company safety
- Work in a team environment to efficiently achieve a high standard of quality and service to Applied’ s extensive customer base
- Communicate clearly with internal and external customers and team members
- Ability to maintain cooperative and productive team relationships
- Co-ordinate and execute lubrication and fluid power field service work including, installations, repairs, troubleshooting and commissioning
- Work with shop administrator to identify parts, services and hours of work required to accurately, and profitably, quote customers on field service work
- Work with leadership to ensure assigned field service vehicles and essential service equipment are properly maintained and utilized.
- Responsibly manage inventory, equipment and consumables on service assignments
- Field Service Duties may include:
- New project work building, assembling, testing & commissioning Power Units, Mobile Equipment, etc
- Travel to customer site
- Out of town work
- Trouble shooting of systems and components
- Fluid Conveyance installations
- Flushing & Purification of fluids in hydraulic systems
- Service/Installations of Automated Lubrication systems
- Other duties as required
Calling all Road Warriors! Are you a hands-on technician with solid hydraulics and lubrication skills? Then we want to hear from you! Our client is an extensive network of industrial distribution facilities located throughout Canada. They are seeking a qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Hydraulic Service Technician at their Saskatoon, SK shop location. To learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 306-993-0855. Or submit your resume online today, and get a head start!
Saskatoon, SK provides an exceptional environment for both living and working. With a welcoming community, a low cost of living, and a prosperous job market, it is an ideal destination. Situated in the heart of the Canadian prairies, Saskatoon offers access to an abundance of natural beauty, including the stunning South Saskatchewan River valley. The city’s economy is diverse and booming, with opportunities available in manufacturing, mining, agriculture, and technology. Saskatoon also boasts a thriving arts and culture scene, a multitude of festivals and events, and an outstanding quality of life. Come and discover why Saskatoon is an exceptional place to live and work!