Are you an HVAC/Refrigeration Technician open to a new opportunity? Then we want to hear from you! Our client is a family-owned and operated property management company that is growing fast. They are seeking an HVAC/Refrigeration Technician to join their team in Winnipeg, MB. Working closely with the Maintenance staff, this role will be responsible for ensuring the health of the heating, ventilation, and mechanical systems of all assets throughout their assigned properties. This role will also train other Maintenance Technicians to improve overall Refrigeration and HVAC knowledge. This is a great opportunity to join a company that prioritized employee safety and wellbeing. To learn more, call 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 204-202-3027, or apply online today!
The City of Winnipeg, a good small city, is known for its friendly and welcoming spirit. Winnipeg has developed into a cosmopolitan city with short commutes, great restaurants, Winnipeg Jets and Blue Bombers games and even the Royal Winnipeg Ballet, there is something for everyone. Winnipeg is one of the most affordable cities in Canada, in close proximity to beautiful beaches with a ton of lakes, and is only a 1.5 hour drive to the U.S. border.
Salary: $40 -45/hour, negotiable plus company vehicle. Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate.
Benefits: A comprehensive benefits package and group savings plan including paid extended health, vision, and dental coverage (including family), Employee and Family Assistance Program,
$170 yearly health and wellness benefit, Company cellphone, RPP eligibility after six months, and Employee recognition program.
- Red Seal or MB Journey level Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Mechanic certificate.
- Valid Class B Gasfitter Licence required, Class A an asset.
- Hold a Valid Driver’s License with a clean record.
- Strong working knowledge of refrigerant systems and make-up air units.
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge is an asset.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills including both oral and written.
- Experience with high-pressure work environments and proven time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and independent environment with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and email.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Willing and able to travel between sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and repair issues with residential air conditioners and other related equipment.
- Understand and be accountable for the performance and maintenance of the mechanical systems throughout Saskatchewan.
- Perform maintenance, servicing, and cleaning on all equipment.
- Coach maintenance teams regarding the servicing of refrigeration and HVAC units and components.
- Recharge systems with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate systems and perform routine maintenance.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
- Perform routine and emergency maintenance of HVAC units and associated components
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques.
- Understand and be accountable for the performance and maintenance of the mechanical systems throughout the assigned region.
- Other duties as required.