Our client, an international industrial group specializing facility management, is seeking an experienced HVAC/Refrigeration Mechanic to perform skilled technical work in the maintenance, operation, and repair of BMCS (Building Management Control System) components for a secure site in Surrey, BC. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this role is responsible for overseeing the work of contractors, developing work plans, responding to emergency situations, and more. The role is part of the facilities management out-of-hours team, ensuring the successful delivery of all property and customer services within the full operational coverage (i.e. 7day/365/year).
This is a great opportunity to make a connection with a company that values innovation and sustainability. Our client has global reach, so there’s no telling where this one role might lead! To learn more or apply, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 604-343-3535, click “apply now”. Don’t let this special opportunity pass you by!
Living in Surrey
Located 24km southeast of Vancouver, Surrey, BC offers easy access to Highway 1 and opportunities to explore all that British Columbia has to offer. The City of Surrey is committed to working with neighborhoods, residents and community groups to create beautiful spaces and to promote and celebrate community activity, spirit, and pride. Close to the ocean, mountains, Whistler, Vancouver Island and the USA, the recreational and leisure opportunities are endless. Some of Surrey’s neighboring cities that are conveniently accessible by car or public transportation are Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Delta, Langley, Coquitlam and Maple Ridge.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package including significant coverage of Health, Dental, Vision, and more.
- May be called on to work any day of the week.
Education: Must have Red Seal or BC Journeyperson’s Refrigeration Mechanic certification.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and programming of VFD, DDC, DCS and/or PLC control systems.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Collaborative in dealing with fellow employees.
- Extensive knowledge of BMCS programming, trouble shooting, and maintenance.
- Extensive knowledge of BMCS energy monitoring systems.
- Knowledge of material system, methods and equipment used in facility maintenance work.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards, safe working practices and applicable regulations in Facility Management.
- Ability to meet enhanced government security clearance requirements to obtain a security clearance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain all HVAC/ Lighting/Energy controls using electrical test devices, trouble shoot and repair electrical control circuits and program BMCS following engineering standards and controls logic to the P3 specific requirements.
- Analyze output from BMCS system and adjust to suit requirements of the property for both space comfort levels and energy efficiencies.
- Operate building within energy Model Parameters, make adjustments and issue reports relating to same.
- Maintain an inventory of parts and supplies.
- Complete Preventative Maintenance tasks such as calibration and verifying field operation of devices.
- Monitor the computerized Energy Monitoring system identifying consumption; identify possible upgrades and rebate programs to participate in to reduce energy goals.
- Operate building within the project agreement Energy Model Parameters and make adjustments or issue reports relating to same.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada and have been living in Canada continuously for the past 5 years.
- A security clearance is required for this position.