Are you a Human Resources professional with experience in the manufacturing environment? Then we want to hear from you! Our client is a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products, and is known for their commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. They are seeking an HR Generalist for their mill in Grande Prairie, AB. Reporting to the HR Manager, this hands-on role is responsible for providing HR support for approximately 330 non-union employees distributed across six departments. Our client is committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting their teams. They offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities, and total rewards. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow into a leadership role. If that sounds good to you, don’t wait. Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 587-794-3883, or submit your resume online today.
Grande Prairie is the gateway to Peace River Country. Serving as the regional centre for business, health care, service and shopping for northwest Alberta and northeast British Columbia, Grande Prairie is modern and vibrant and provides a full range of educational, cultural, recreational and employment opportunities while retaining a small town feeling! The city boasts excellent infrastructure, transportation, and communication links, and the availability of a well-trained work force making it a wonderful place to raise a young family.
Salary: Competitive, DOE.
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits Package.
- An undergraduate degree in Human Resources or a related subject; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- CPHR (Chartered Professional in Human Resources) designation is preferred.
- At least 5 years HR experience working in a HR Advisory role.
- Experience working with SuccessFactors and SAP is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Significant human resource knowledge of management, conducting investigations, policy management, recruitment, employee engagement, and compensation and benefits.
- Conflict Management and high-level organizational skills required.
- Approachable and able to motivate others.
- Customer focused and results-driven.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, develop, and implement education and training needs, communications strategies, and customer service improvements, and employees engagement improvements.
- Collaborate with leaders to create employees engagements improvements.
- Recruit and onboard hourly and salaried employees.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources functions.
- Lead or provide support in workplace investigations.
- Provide counsel to leadership on all employee relations matters through coaching and education.
- Proactively research and introduce human resources best practice concepts.
- Other duties as required.