Are you a Heavy Equipment Technician or Heavy Duty Mechanic who’s ready for a job that pays well and offers a great work-life balance? Then we have the role for you! Our client, one of Canada’s largest diversified mining companies, is seeking multiple mechanics for their mine in Hinton, AB. This role is on a 4 days on/4 days off shift schedule, giving you plenty of time to enjoy exploring the Rockies. With a base rate is 43.09/hr, shift premiums, guaranteed bonuses, excellent benefits, and relocation assistance, our client has you covered. So why wait? Call 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), 587-794-3883, or apply online now.
Hinton, AB is located about approximately 2.5 hours drive west of Edmonton, and 1 hour North from Jasper. Located on the Yellowhead Highway, it is easily accessible. With a population of 10, 000, Hinton boasts all the amenities of an urban centre, but without the high cost of living. Situated next door to the Rockies, outdoor activities are endless, from hiking to skiing to fishing in the nearby Athabasca River. There are also many community events, including the Fohn Festival, Wild Mountain Music Festival, and the Beaver Bike Fest, making it a great place to raise a family.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time.
Location: Hinton, AB
Salary: $50 per hour including shift premiums and guaranteed bonuses $43.09/ hr base rate and relocation assistance if required.
Benefits: An excellent benefits package including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan
- Pension Plan
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Trades Retention Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
Shifts: an attractive 4 days on 4 days off shift schedule, allowing for plenty of work/life balance.
- Valid Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic ticket, Commercial Vehicle Mechanic, Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic ticket required.
- Truck and Transport Journeymen Mechanics with off road heavy duty equipment experience, may be considered.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Mining experience preferable.
- Experienced in working on a variety of off road equipment including loaders, dozers and haul trucks required.
- Experience with Job Safety Analysis and lock out protocols an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of braking systems, hydraulic and electro-hydraulic controls.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A high regard for safety.
- Excellent communication skills are also essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose, maintain and repair of mobile mining equipment including haulage trucks, graders, bulldozers, excavators, shovels, loaders and other heavy equipment.
- Maintenance and repairs may include engines, transmissions, cooling systems, air systems, fuel and exhaust systems, clutch and differentials, brakes and tires, hydraulic and electrical systems and lubrication systems.
- Lead by example and show a dedication to safety by adhering to established policies, procedures and safe work practices.
- Pre-employment drug test required.