Are you Heavy Duty Mechanic who prefers rotational work, leaving half your year free? Then we want to hear from you! Our client is North America’s largest heavy equipment rental company that supplies, repairs and maintains products and rental services to all four earth-moving industry sectors: Mining, Construction, Pipeline, and Forestry. They are seeking multiple Heavy Equipment Technicians (Heavy Duty Mechanics) to join their team in Fort McMurray, AB. Moving between multiple sites in the Alberta Oil Sands in the Fort McMurray/Wood Buffalo Region on a 14 on/14 off rotation, this role will be responsible for heavy equipment maintenance and repair, specializing in hydraulic shovels and CAT 797 haul trucks.
In return, our client is offering competitive wages & benefits, bonuses, shared accommodations, and transportation to and from accommodations and the site. Current employees enjoy a positive team environment dedicated to safety, current tooling and equipment and the opportunity to advance their careers with a company that has been in business for 20 years and is always growing! So why wait? Call or text us at 1-587-794-3883, or submit your resume online today!
Nestled in a forest valley where the Athabasca and Clearwater rivers meet is Wood Buffalo’s urban center, the community of Fort McMurray with a population of around 73,000. As Alberta’s third largest city, Fort McMurray has a wonderfully diverse and vibrant community. Fort McMurray draws attention worldwide as the residential and commercial focal point of Canada’s oilsands industry. Fort McMurray is located only 4 hours away from Edmonton!
Locations: Multiple mine sites in the Alberta Oil Sands in the Fort McMurray/Wood Buffalo Region. Accommodations and transportation to and from the site are provided.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience. About half the time at an OT rate at 1.5x and bonus structure in place. Also provided are allowances (location, boot & tool) and accommodations and transportation to and from the site.
Benefits: An excellent benefits package including matching RRSP program, vacation pay, sick time benefits, group benefits (life, critical illness & disability insurance, extended health, dental, vision), site-specific training, safety training, and advancement opportunities.
Shifts: 14 days on/14 days off. Sets of days and nights rotation. 12-hour shifts.
- Red Seal or AB Journeyperson’s Heavy Duty Mechanic/Heavy Equipment Technician Certificate.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with large construction and open pit mining equipment, in the shop or field.
- MUST include in-depth experience with CAT, Komatsu, John Deere and Hitachi.
- Class 5 Driver’s License with Air Brakes and clean Driver’s Abstract.
- A complete set of mechanics tools up to 3/4″ drive.
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical skills and superior mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and a collaborative communication style.
- A desire to make a difference and take pride in your work.
- MUST be able to complete a Respirator Fit test and don a mask at any time while at work, which also means compliance with facial hair requirements to ensure a complete seal for the mask.
- Ability to work in a remote location.
- Ability to lift and manage 50 pounds without assistance.
- Provide a criminal record check.
- Complete drug and alcohol screening with a negative result.
- Complete a fitness evaluation related specifically to your position.
- Unrestricted access to mine sites.
- Ability to meet federal, provincial and Heavy Metal/client worksite requirements pertaining to COVID-19.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Specialize in CAT 797 Haul Truck and/or Hydraulic Shovel Maintenance & Repair.
- Check dozers, haul trucks, excavators and other heavy construction and mining equipment for proper performance.
- Inspect equipment for defects and malfunctions.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required.
- Repair and replace defective parts, components and/or systems.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and that it meets or exceeds the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Majority of work is fieldwork; required to work independently and as part of a team.
- Other duties as required.