Are you a Heavy Duty Mechanic with a Class 3 license and air brake endorsement? Then we are looking for you! With far-reaching roots on Vancouver Island, our client is a recognized leader in the concrete and building material industry. They are seeking a Heavy Duty Mechanic to join their team in Victoria, BC. The successful candidate will be responsible for the repair of the heavy duty truck fleet and equipment, in the shop and on the road. Current employees enjoy working in a high-end, heated facility and a family-oriented culture. If you’d like to learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954, or apply online today!
Victoria is the capital of BC and a beautiful city that caters to all lifestyles. It has a population of approximately 345,000. It’s not hard to see why Victoria is a major tourist destination, all year round. It boasts beautiful weather and scenery, friendly people, a vibrant cultural scene, limitless recreational opportunities, and a full range of amenities. To learn more about living in Victoria, visit our Town Page!
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including health & dental, vision, company pension, employee assistance program, boot allowance, and more.
Shifts: Various, but most are day shifts with one afternoon.
- Must possess a Red Seal or BC Journey-level Heavy Duty Mechanic license.
- Class 3 license and air endorsement.
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle diagnostic equipment and mechanical systems.
- Strong attention to detail with an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Basic hand tools required.
- Experience with concrete mixer trucks is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular maintenance on machinery, systems, and automotive vehicles, in-shop and roadside.
- Excavators, CAT, Concrete trucks, and loaders.
- Assemble mechanical components according to specifications.
- Examine machines and oversee diagnostic tests to determine functionality problems.
- Offer consultation on maintenance and preventative procedures to machine and vehicle users.
- Other duties as required.