Calling all Heavy Duty Mechanics! Our client is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Their core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products. They are seeking a Heavy Duty Mechanic to join their team in Victoria, BC. The successful candidate will be responsible for the repair of the heavy duty truck fleet, as well as troubleshooting all heavy mobile equipment. In return, our client offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects. This role would be a great fit for a self-starter mechanic who enjoys working independently. If that sounds like you, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954, or apply online today!
Victoria is the capital of BC and a beautiful city that caters to all lifestyles. It has a population of approximately 345,000. It’s not hard to see why Victoria is a major tourist destination, all year round. It boasts beautiful weather and scenery, friendly people, a vibrant cultural scene, limitless recreational opportunities, and a full range of amenities. To learn more about living in Victoria, visit our Town Page!
Salary: $39-$41/hour depending on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package after 30th calendar day following start of employment.
- Excellent employer contribution to pension plan.
- Strong safety culture.
- Training and development.
- Opportunities for advancement.
Shifts: Day shift, Mon-Fri, 7am-3pm (flexible).
- Must possess a Red Seal or BC Provincial Heavy Duty Mechanic license.
- Class 5 driver’s license with Air break an asset or willing to get it, or willing to get it.
- MOT/CVSE inspection license an asset or willing to get it.
- 2-4 years related experience.
- Experience with formal maintenance programs.
Skills and abilities:
- Proficiency in servicing transmissions, rear ends, running gear, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems on concrete mixer trucks is an asset.
- Proficient computer skills MS Office.
- Enjoys working independently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lubricate and perform breakdown maintenance and scheduled repairs of concrete mixer trucks and other equipment as required to achieve optimum performance.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose problems.
- Ensure that all equipment repairs are performed accurately to the manufacturer’s standards.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with specifications.
- Other duties as required.
- Requires lifting, kneeling, bending, twisting, pushing and pulling, working at elevated heights, at times in tight and awkward positions.
- Medical/Drug/Background testing may be required.
- Own basic tools required.