Are you a Heavy Duty Mechanic or Heavy Equipment Technician who would be interested in…
- Working on some of the largest and most automated equipment in the world?
- Earning up to $45.57/hr plus shift premiums and guaranteed bonuses?
- Receiving a generous relocation bonus to help move you and your family to one of BC’s most beautiful mountain communities?
- Enjoying a long list of benefits and perks?
If you’re interested in all that, then we want to hear from you! Our client is one of Canada’s largest diversified mining companies and they are seeking multiple mechanics for their mine in beautiful Sparwood, BC. To learn more, call 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954. This is a great opportunity for those ready for all the advantages of a safe workplace and ongoing in-house training and workshops to help progress your career. Time to get the ball rolling and apply online today!
Sparwood, BC is a family-friendly community nestled in the Rocky Mountains. Surrounded by pristine wilderness, there’s no end of outdoor activities to choose from, be it skiing, canoeing, camping, fly-fishing, even golf. It is located roughly a half hour’s drive away from Elkford and Fernie, BC, and about 45 minutes to the Alberta border. Residents enjoy affordable housing, all the necessary amenities, and a relaxed, rural atmosphere.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time.
Location: Sparwood, BC
Salary: $51 per hour including shift premiums and guaranteed bonuses $45.57/ hr base rate and a generous relocation allowance up to $10,000, if required.
Benefits: An excellent benefits package including:
- $2000 Trades Retention bonus, up to $6000 annually*
- 1.5x OT pay for 6 hours, 2x after 6 hours.
- Afternoon and Night Shift premiums*
- 100% extended health and dental.
- Vision $300 provided the first year, $150 second year.
- RSP contributions with an additional union pension.
- 60% Tool Reimbursement.
- Profit sharing bonus and Gain sharing plan.
- $1000 Health and Fitness Incentive.
* included in $51 rate
Transportation 3km from Sparwood to the mine also provided.
Heavy Duty Mechanics can expect to earn a total compensation package in excess of $100,000 in their first year of employment. In addition, employees enjoy ongoing and career advancement opportunities
Shifts: Two 12-hour day shifts, a full 24 hours off, two 12 hour nights, followed by 4 days off.
- Mining experience preferable.
- Experienced in working on a variety of off road equipment including loaders, dozers and haul trucks required.
- Experience with Job Safety Analysis and lock out protocols an asset.
- Valid Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic ticket, Commercial Vehicle Mechanic, Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic ticket required.
- Truck and Transport Journeymen Mechanics with off road heavy duty equipment experience, may be considered.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of braking systems, hydraulic and electro-hydraulic controls.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A high regard for safety.
- Excellent communication skills are also essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose, maintain and repair of mobile mining equipment including haulage trucks, graders, bulldozers, excavators, shovels, loaders and other heavy equipment.
- Maintenance and repairs may include engines, transmissions, cooling systems, air systems, fuel and exhaust systems, clutch and differentials, brakes and tires, hydraulic and electrical systems and lubrication systems.
- Lead by example and show a dedication to safety by adhering to established policies, procedures and safe work practices.
- Pre-employment drug test required.