Heavy Duty Mechanic – Seattle, WA
Our client is a terminal logistics group for all loading, storage, packaging, and local transportation activities or through their international logistics group for the client’s freight forwarding and container cargo business. Located at Harbor Island, south of Port of Seattle, this mechanic will be responsible for maintaining, repairing, and rebuilds of industrial diesel equipment such as yard trucks, forklifts, rail movers, and container handlers.
Salary: Competitive. Pay is every week. Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits including 401K, paid lunch break, and annual boot allowance.
Shifts: 40hr work week, Monday to Friday, flexibility required during peak times. Lots of OT!
- Able to work outdoors and in confined spaces and heights.
- Minimum 2 years experience repairing and maintaining industrial equipment and infrastructure.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must provide own basic tools.
- Driver’s license required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify the maintenance priorities related to mobile equipment.
- Maintain the mobile equipment by following the documented best practices for that equipment.
- Diagnose problems related to mobile equipment.
- Replace defective or heavily worn parts and components.
- Adjust and tune equipment’s components.
- Test and validate repairs.
- Other duties as required.
If you’d like to learn more about this mechanic position call 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 206.686.8084, or apply online today!