Envirogreen Technologies Ltd. is seeking a Heavy Duty Mechanic in Princeton, BC!
Wage Range: $32 to $36 per hour depending on experience
Envirogreen Technologies Ltd. Contaminated Waste Treatment Facility is located approximately 20 KM
Southwest of Princeton, B.C. V0X 1W0.
Envirogreen Technologies Ltd. (ETL) is an established waste management company, leading the way
in the treatment of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes. Our permitted hazardous waste treatment
facility, located outside of Princeton, BC, utilizes thermal desorption technology to treat a wide range of
industrial waste and contaminated soil.
ETL is looking for a motivated Heavy-Duty Mechanic with proven experience to join our team. The
Heavy-Duty Mechanic works under the direction of the Facility Manager and any assigned Supervisors
and works with other employees within the company to ensure safe work practices and policies,
compliances and regulations are adhered.
Main responsibilities will include; perform a full range of maintenance, repair, and service activities on
heavy equipment and other mobile equipment. Make decisions related to troubleshooting and parts
The Heavy-Duty Mechanic will work closely with facility staff to create a positive and safe working
environment, be a resource to management and facility staff for health and safety information and
promote health and safety programs in the workplace.
- Customer Focused
- Communication – Effective Verbal, Written and Listening
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Operating Equipment
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Research and Analysis
- Development and Continual Learning
- Provide consultation
- Accountability and Dependability
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Ethics and Integrity
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Planning and Organizing
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Support and promote safety and health projects and initiatives.
- Perform scheduled service on all combustion powered facility equipment.
- Perform repairs on all combustion powered facility equipment in a timely and safe manner.
- Employee required to complete pre/post inspections on all tools and equipment.
- Report all facility mechanical deficiencies for maintenance and repair scheduling.
- Maintain mechanical workshops and storage facilities in a clean, organized and safe manner.
- Maintain an equipment service, maintenance and repair record.
- Various welding and fabrication needs related to bucket and machine repair.
- Responsible for tool inventory.
- Maintain suitable inventory of all needed supplies for regular servicing of all site mobile
- Be able to work in a team environment with Mechanics Helper/Welder.
- Participate in required training programs including, but not limited to, WHMIS, TDG, confined
- space entry and rescue, fall protection, fire extinguisher use, first aid, mobile equipment
- awareness, aerial work platform, etc.
- General labour duties as required.
- All other duties as requested by supervisor or manager.
- Minimum Education: High School or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- License: Valid Class 5 driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Language: English.
- Confidence, with the proven ability to build credibility and strong partnerships at all levels.
- Very strong sense of urgency with proven record of following through to meet deadlines and
- Energetic, self-motivated, creative and especially a positive outlook. Ability to work effectively and prioritize.
- Ability to wear respiratory protection (e.g. half- and/or full-face respirator).
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Proven ability to maintain confidences and ensure confidentiality of information and records.
- Follow directions.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ensure the safe, efficient operation, cleaning of and running adjustments for equipment
- Ability to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Complete all testing (including drug & alcohol) and training required to fulfill the requirements of
- this position and meet all health and safety requirements as instructed by the supervisor or
- manager. All training provided by ETL.
- Support company initiatives and policies enthusiastically.
- Employee must attend all required meetings, information sessions, and training sessions as
- required by supervisor or manager.
- Employee must participate in any post incident investigation process.
- Must be able to work in wet, humid, hot, high noise, and dusty environment.
- Hazardous materials – proper PPE selection for task required.
- Willing and able to work outdoors in year-round weather conditions.
- Dynamic work environment requiring changing work priorities.
- Benefit package after successful 3-month probationary period.
- PPE allowance program after successful 3-month probationary period.
- Equipment elevation changes.
- Working near moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment.
- Travel may be required to Lower Mainland (infrequent).
- Physical demands included (but are not limited to): using proper lifting techniques for heavy lifting, manual dexterity, climbing ladders, working in and about confined spaces and/or high locations, repetitive movement.
- Shift work as required. Possible weekend shifts.
- Overtime may be required.
To apply, submit your resume below or email it to Envirogreen Technologies Ltd. at: email@example.com.
Qualified applicants should visit Envirogreen Technologies website: www.envirogreentech.com